No announcement yet.

Re-enter with Temporary I-551

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Te Green Card usually shows up in 30-40 days after you paid the fee online.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rpenmetc View Post
    Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, I did pay $165 fee on Dec 20. Not sure when I will get it. What is the normal timeframe to get the green card after paying the fee?
    I was asking those questions in case I don't get the greencard before my travel. What do I do in that case? I-551 should work?

Comment

Travel with Immigrant Visa

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Te Green Card usually shows up in 30-40 days after you paid the fee online.

--Ray B
      That is good to know. Thank you.

Comment

Travel with Immigrant Visa

That is good to know. Thank you.
        "UPON ENDORESEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR". What does Endorsement entail? There was no "stamping" or anything done on this Visa, as an endorsement, when I entered the USA.

Comment

We're talking about the entry stamp on your passport page. The stamp should show your visa class, i.e., CR-1, or whatever, and the endorsement on the page might say "I-551." Without seeing your passport page, it's difficult to tell whether you were not given the normal entry endorsement.

--Ray B

"UPON ENDORESEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR". What does Endorsement entail? There was no "stamping" or anything done on this Visa, as an endorsement, when I entered the USA.

Comment

I adjusted my status from H1b visa to Conditional permanent resident by marrying to a US citizen. My green card came with an error so I applied I-90 and got Temporary i-551 stamp on passport. my concern is:
            1- does this stamp enable me to enter Canada without acquiring canadian visa.
            2- can i reenter US by showing this stamp at the border
            3- the stamp says "upon endorsement, serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residency for one year". Do I need to get this stamp endorsed by someone?

Comment

Expired I-551 Stamp yet still no green card on hand

my i-551 stamp and its 1 year valid extension is about to expire and my green card haven't arrived yet due to some technical problems during USCIS-ELIS payment. i need to go back to my country due to some emergency but by the time I'm going back to US, my 1 year extension will be terminated. i have my receipt for my green card payment. is this enough to go through the immigration when i come back? i don't want to pay for a plane ticket to honolulu just to process another temporary i-551 stamp. and if i have to go to the nearest office, will it take just one day to process everything and have my temporary stamp? thanks

Comment

Hoping you can provide some guidance for me.
                I arrived on 12/25/14 with an Immigrant Visa (Spouse is an US Citizen). Visa Details: IV Issue Date: 16DEC2014, IV Expires On: 21MAY2015.
                There is an Annotation on the VISA "UPON ENDORESEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR".

I am scheduled to travel to India on April 18th and returning on May 17 (arriving on May 18).
                Will be there be any issues boarding the return flight from India on May 17?
                Will there be any issues at the immigration in USA?
                What does "Upon Endorsement Serves as Temporary I551 ...." mean? Should I get it endorsed?

Thank you in advance for sharing any info/experience.

Were you able to travel and to reenter without the Green Card? I'm in the same situation and I appreciate sharing your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by traveler7777 View Post
                  Sorry to middle in this discussion, but I do have some doubts about the I 551. First when I got the stamp I thought it was **** cause it doesn't seem legit but for what I have researched is that it is.

Now, I'm outside the U.S and I planning to traveling back, for what I read I won't have any issue going through customs or anything but:
                  -Would I have any issue with the airlines that they would recognize the stamp?
                  -Would I have to show some other document besides the stamp? Thanks in advance.
                  Were you able to reenter without the Green Card? would you please share your experience, did you face any issues with the Airline?

Comment

temporary 1-551

I got my Mexican passport stamped it says *"UPON ENDORESEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR ND it says employment authorized... those this mean is only to work or can I travel outside the US with this too?? Also it's a CR-6

Comment

Hi, My mom's GC has not arrived yet(within 6 month) because of having wrong mailing address and it has been returned back to USCIS. USCIS has sent me a letter that they gonna re-deliver it with 90 days which is going to be ended by 1/26/16.

In the mean time my mom had to go to her home country because of an emergency. Even though her IV stamp says "upon endorsement serve as temporary I-155 evidencing permanent residence for 1 yr", we took an infopass appointment before she was leaving USA. It was just to make sure that there will be no issue for her to return back using the I-155 stamp which is valid till May,2016. Infopass officer didn't talk much but put a new USCIS stamp on her password to return her back within 4 months. So now the situation is the USCIS stamp is expiring(Jan, 2016) before I-155 stamp which she already had on her IV stamp. My concern is if she wants to come after the expiration date of the new USCIS stamp, will she able to do that using her i-155 which is already on her immigration visa stamp. Please let me know if any suggestion.

Comment

Your concern will be satisfied if you wait until mom's Green Card arrives and hen get it to her.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sov19bd View Post
                        Hi, My mom's GC has not arrived yet(within 6 month) because of having wrong mailing address and it has been returned back to USCIS. USCIS has sent me a letter that they gonna re-deliver it with 90 days which is going to be ended by 1/26/16.

In the mean time my mom had to go to her home country because of an emergency. Even though her IV stamp says "upon endorsement serve as temporary I-155 evidencing permanent residence for 1 yr", we took an infopass appointment before she was leaving USA. It was just to make sure that there will be no issue for her to return back using the I-155 stamp which is valid till May,2016. Infopass officer didn't talk much but put a new USCIS stamp on her password to return her back within 4 months. So now the situation is the USCIS stamp is expiring(Jan, 2016) before I-155 stamp which she already had on her IV stamp. My concern is if she wants to come after the expiration date of the new USCIS stamp, will she able to do that using her i-155 which is already on her immigration visa stamp. Please let me know if any suggestion.

Comment

hi... im really worry of going out with temporary I-551.. what is exactly happens on the airport? are they going to stamp my passport the with temporary I-551

Comment

Temporary I-55A

I also have a question, I arrived here in USA last August 2015 and now its April 2016 but have not received my green card yet, I only have the temporary I-55A in my passport which is valid for 1 year and my visa expired last November 2015 (permanent resident). I paid the fee and my temporary I-55A is going to expire this August. Even if I only have an I-55A will I be able to work here in USA and will I be able to use this to enroll in schools? What should I do when my temporary identification expires?

Comment

You can get an extension to your temporary I-551 status stamp by going to a USCIS office after getting an INFOPASS appointment.

-Ray B

Originally posted by maksummerich View Post
                              I also have a question, I arrived here in USA last August 2015 and now its April 2016 but have not received my green card yet, I only have the temporary I-55A in my passport which is valid for 1 year and my visa expired last November 2015 (permanent resident). I paid the fee and my temporary I-55A is going to expire this August. Even if I only have an I-55A will I be able to work here in USA and will I be able to use this to enroll in schools? What should I do when my temporary identification expires?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                                You can get an extension to your temporary I-551 status stamp by going to a USCIS office after getting an INFOPASS appointment.

-Ray B

But can I use this to enroll in schools and to get a job?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X