Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father Name Spelling mistake in My passport- L1 VISA application

Hi All,

I need some help. I am filling out my DS-160 form for L1 Visa. I will have a visa appointment soon (within 2-3 weeks from now)
    My passport has a spelling mistake in my father's name.

e.g. My father's real name is : ABC KUMAR DEFGH
    Father's name on my passport is : ABC KUKMAR DEFGH

Please advise as to what i should do.
    Is it ok if i fill out my DS 160 with the father's name as the one on my passport(the one with spelling mistake) ?

Thanks,
    Sudaksh

Originally posted by Sudaksh Chohan View Post
    Hi All,

I need some help. I am filling out my DS-160 form for L1 Visa. I will have a visa appointment soon (within 2-3 weeks from now)
    My passport has a spelling mistake in my father's name.

e.g. My father's real name is : ABC KUMAR DEFGH
    Father's name on my passport is : ABC KUKMAR DEFGH

Please advise as to what i should do.
    Is it ok if i fill out my DS 160 with the father's name as the one on my passport(the one with spelling mistake) ?

Thanks,
    Sudaksh
    Truly speaking you should get it corrected but I doubt if you have time to do so. If not corrected it can become an issue when your father travels to US, or when you apply for GC.

Otherwise, go ahead with what it is in the passport and correct it in next passport renewal.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Truly speaking you should get it corrected but I doubt if you have time to do so. If not corrected it can become an issue when your father travels to US, or when you apply for GC.

Otherwise, go ahead with what it is in the passport and correct it in next passport renewal.

Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for ur help on this.

In that case i would rather go with the father name which has a spelling mistake while filling out the DS160. Father is very unlikely to travel to US anyway.

My only worry is if my L1 will get rejected because of the incorrect spelling in my passport and DS160. I can get the green card situation corrected later.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
      Sudaksh

Comment

Your L1 application has got nothing to do with the authenticity of your Father's name mentioned in the passport. If at all your visa is rejected it would not be for this reason.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X