Help - i-130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - i-130

Hi, My name is James (British). Married my wife Danielle (USC) in Nov 2013.

We are about to send off the I-130. Its coming up 4 months since we got married, does it matter that it took us this long to get the forms ready and apply for the I-130?

Secondly, My wife is in the States and after we got married I left (whilst on a tourist visa) to go back home (England) for work etc (And I was only on a tourist visa when we got married). So, we are doing this whole process from two different countries. Does anybody know of any complications we might have? We married while I was on a legal visa and left the country. I work full time and she graduates in May 2014.

Any help is appreciated as we are going through this process without the use of lawyers.

Thanks,

James

Help - i-130

Hi Mr. James,
    I'm also sending i130. In this I-130 petition they will ask you a copy legal marriage certificate, I believe it doesn't matter whether you was on tourist visa or other type of visa cause in this petition USCIS does not ask what visa u had during ur wedding.

When your I130 will be approved, you have to file I864 where you wife or any other sponsor ''in USA'' need have 125% of income based on ur wife or USA sponsor's family size(check google I864p).
    Tell your wife to get a job in USA or else u will need a USA sponsor like ur mother in-law,father in-law

Another, best idea is always check in google for "cover letter for I130, cover letter for I864". This check will help u to know what exact paper you may need.

Now about the duration of marriage, in one part of the form u need to fill up last address where u both were live together and the duration. If u live together for than 2 year, USCIS may seen u as a stable couple. But I have seen my neighbor, who got married and in 4-5 months they applied and received the Greencard. So in my opinion, do't worry about the duration of ur marriage AND you can do the Whole process I130>I864>DS230 while u r in UK and ur wife in USA but during ur interview part, ur wife may need to be in UK with you.
    Good luck

Thank you
    Mohammad
    Last edited by Lily987; 02-28-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Lily987 View Post
      Hi Mr. James,
      I'm also sending i130. In this I-130 petition they will ask you a copy legal marriage certificate, I believe it doesn't matter whether you was on tourist visa or other type of visa cause in this petition USCIS does not ask what visa u had during ur wedding.

When your I130 will be approved, you have to file I864 where you wife or any other sponsor ''in USA'' need have 125% of income based on ur wife or USA sponsor's family size(check google I864p).
      Tell your wife to get a job in USA or else u will need a USA sponsor like ur mother in-law,father in-law

Another, best idea is always check in google for "cover letter for I130, cover letter for I864". This check will help u to know what exact paper you may need.

Now about the duration of marriage, in one part of the form u need to fill up last address where u both were live together and the duration. If u live together for than 2 year, USCIS may seen u as a stable couple. But I have seen my neighbor, who got married and in 4-5 months they applied and received the Greencard. So in my opinion, do't worry about the duration of ur marriage AND you can do the Whole process I130>I864>DS230 while u r in UK and ur wife in USA but during ur interview part, ur wife may need to be in UK with you.
      Good luck

Thank you
      Mohammad

Thanks for the response. It all helps.

We went through college together so been about 3 and half years together in total. Would they be seen as stable? We have all the photos/affidavits/joint bank account because I have a SSN from when I was there. I will look for the cover letters as a check list. She currently doesn't have a job but will being into one straight after graduation in May. At what point in the process does she have to declare her financial standings etc? Is it along with the I-130 or is it after?

Thanks for the help.

James

Comment

Help - i-130

If ur last address together for 3 years or less that's fantastic. Moreover, u both have photos, affidavits, joint bank account that plus point as supporting document of I-130.

Your wife does NOT need to show any financial part along with I-130.

After I-130 is approved, later She need to show financial standings along with I-864. So later.

Good luck (happy to answer)
        Thank
        Mohammad
        Last edited by Lily987; 02-28-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I have many questions. please help

Hi, I am a us citizen I will be sending an apllication I-30 for my husband. He came to the us with a visitor's visa. And never went back to his country. Its been almost 10 years he's been in the us. We got married in 2013. My question is do I just send the I-30 application and the money? Or do I have to send copies of marriage certificate along with it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X