Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Driver's License be renewed with new I-94 expiry date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Driver's License be renewed with new I-94 expiry date?

when i initially got my NJ drivers license the expiry date is given as my I-94 expiry date. So my L1 visa, I-94 and Drivers license expiry date was same. I went out of US and when i return back i got new I-94 with extended date. Hence, my new I-94 expiry date is 1 year more than my visa expiry date.
    So my question is, can i renew my NJ drivers license with my new I-94 which is valid for 1 more year than my visa expiry date? My Visa and Driver's license are getting expired in few months but my I-94 is valid till end of next year.

Greatly appreciate the response. Thanks in advance.

I dont think so

I had a situation where my drivers license expired with visa. My i94 visa and license all had the same date. When visa expired I applied for extension.I was only able to renew my license based on the new i797 and i94. I Bel i94 cannot have a date of 1 yr more than ur visa expiry date. What you have assumed and said does not seem right. As far as I know i94 date is directly related to your visa ..my personal views and experience ..not a professional .. :-)

Comment

Did you get it renewed

Hi, I too have the exact situation. My NJ license expires on 07/01/2014 but has I-94 valid until Feb 2017 even though L1 Visa expired on 1st April 2014. I went to the nearest MVC and they said they would want to check with the Federal Govt first and said they will give me a call. This was about a month back but am yet to receive any call.

Appreciate if you can let me know how it went for you and what the current status is.

Thanks

Comment

Can the Driver's License be renewed with new I-94 expiry date?

Originally posted by USRoamer View Post
        Hi, I too have the exact situation. My NJ license expires on 07/01/2014 but has I-94 valid until Feb 2017 even though L1 Visa expired on 1st April 2014. I went to the nearest MVC and they said they would want to check with the Federal Govt first and said they will give me a call. This was about a month back but am yet to receive any call.

Appreciate if you can let me know how it went for you and what the current status is.

Thanks

I have one year availability for my license expiry / visa expiry. But i have 2 more years for I94, Looks like i am in the same situation where you guys are before, please advise, if i can go ahead and extend my license for another two years? is it possible with new I-94? Or should i wait until my official notice and go with new I-94?

Appreciate your assistance.

Boomer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X