Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 student out of status for more than 5 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 student out of status for more than 5 months?

Hello, I'm a F-1 student that has expired visa and been out of status for more than 5 months (less than 180 days). It happened when I was transferring to new school in another state. I told the old school that I would not attend their Fall semester and transferring to new school but because I got no reply from new school at that time, I had nothing to show old school. They terminated my I-20 and I got accepted a week after that (I did not know they terminated my I-20 until 2 weeks ago). I was wondering what take them so long to send the release form to my new school and they notified me that I'm out of status. I am in the middle of school, going to finish the end of March. It has been more than 5 months, I know that if I get out of the U.S, I would not be able to come back. My new school give me initial I-20 and tell me to register my new SEVIS number but no guarantee I can obtain a visa.

I have boyfriend who is a U.S citizen. Both of us agree to get married if it helps me to stay in the U.S. Is it possible to get a green card through marriage without going back to my own country?

Correct me if I'm wrong about anything. I just do not want to stop going to school in the U.S. I'm so close to finish my degree and I have no future in my own country. Please help.

Since u entered us legally Yes u ll b eligible to get green card in USA but u have to have a strong relationship proof with the person you going to get married for safe side . Just get married have kids no one will stop you . One of my friend had same situation he is a citizen now

Comment

Start tax filing together now it Wud b a good start

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X