Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending visa documents to India through USPS

Hi all,

I have come across so many forums where people complain about usps services taking too much time to deliver visa documents to India. However, people generally do not post their positive experience so I decided I would post mine for the benefit of others. I mailed my set of documents from Collierville, TN (near Memphis) on February 26, 2014 at 5:09 pm using USPS Priority Mail Express International which cost me $46.50. The destination was Trivandrum, Kerala, India. I was assured delivery in 3-5 business days with tracking. A similar service in FedEx was costing me ~$120 and UPS quoted me ~$110. The document reached India in 4 working days today (Mar 4, 2014) which was just as assured. The tracking was also pretty neat.

On the USPS tracking website it showed regular updates till it got the customs clearance in India (Nothing after that) ... See attachment1.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	attach1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	591768
    All further updates where available in the India Speed Post tracking website - http://services.ptcmysore.gov.in/speednettracking/ (use the same tracking number from USPS as the item number). See attachment2. Hope this helps.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	attach2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	591769
    Kindly note that it is always best to plan ahead for any unavoidable delays and give sufficient time for your package to reach the destination.

Thanks for posting. Good to know.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks a lot for posting.that information was really very helpful

Comment

Thanks for confirming. Good reason to avoid UPS, it seems.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X