Canada Visitor Visa - Passport Submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jack,

I received an email to submit my passport. Do I need to print and send application forms like IMM 5257 along with my passport ? I paid $200( for me and my wife) when I submitted the application online. So I am assuming I just need to pay VAC service fee of $38 per person . is that right ?

Thanks,
    K

Comment

Originally posted by kkbanala View Post
      Hi Jack,

I received an email to submit my passport. Do I need to print and send application forms like IMM 5257 along with my passport ? I paid $200( for me and my wife) when I submitted the application online. So I am assuming I just need to pay VAC service fee of $38 per person . is that right ?

Thanks,
      K
      Waiting for your answer!

- - - Updated - - -

Jack- What documents do I need to send them along with the passport?
      Only the passport request letter & the prepaid envelope?
      Do I need to fill out any VAC consent form?
      Do I need to fill out any VAC service fees(As for the form I have paid 200 CAD)?
      Last edited by karanverlani; 05-29-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Canadian visitor visa - urgent help!!

hello

i have applied online for visitor visa for my parents (indian passport holders) who are visiting me in US on a US visitor visa.
        The website says 41 day wait in NY embassy...but we dont have that time - we fly out jul 16th. I applied jun 16th as soon as they landed in US. NY embassy does not accept any calls for visa questions....nor can i go there in person...
        i dont know what to do? i have paid $2400 in airline tickets, $3000 for a meditation retreat in toronto both of which non reimbursable

Question - what do I do here? any suggestions?

i have not had anyone post recently since visa rules changed in january...on how long it takes to process at NY canadian embassy?

i am willing to go through an external agency and pay money if needed...

Comment

Originally posted by challa_chaitu View Post
          Thank you Jack, I have received my passports and I have sent both passports in one envelope and also enclosed only one prepaid envelope for both passports to return. I called VAC before doing that and they suggested this way. Thanks for your help!
          Hi so did you pay VAC fee finally, I am not sure if I have to pay because the email they sent to me did not even mention the VAC fee.

Comment

Hi

Hi mskrishnan I am applied online as well. Can you tell me how long they took to request your passport and did they tell you where to send the passport too. How long you took to receive your passport?
            Did you have to send to vac

Thanks

Originally posted by mskrishnan View Post
            hello

i have applied online for visitor visa for my parents (indian passport holders) who are visiting me in US on a US visitor visa.
            The website says 41 day wait in NY embassy...but we dont have that time - we fly out jul 16th. I applied jun 16th as soon as they landed in US. NY embassy does not accept any calls for visa questions....nor can i go there in person...
            i dont know what to do? i have paid $2400 in airline tickets, $3000 for a meditation retreat in toronto both of which non reimbursable

Question - what do I do here? any suggestions?

i have not had anyone post recently since visa rules changed in january...on how long it takes to process at NY canadian embassy?

i am willing to go through an external agency and pay money if needed...

Comment

Fee payment of application and spouse

Hi, I applied for Canada Visa and added my spouse too. How did you send the payment for the Passport Delivery. In the VAC website (http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfse...ion_processing) it's mentioned to send a fee of $28.35 to a Lockbox address. Did you send the fee of you and your wife's application together as well?

Thank you Jack, I have received my passports and I have sent both passports in one envelope and also enclosed only one prepaid envelope for both passports to return. I called VAC before doing that and they suggested this way. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by 314e View Post
                Hi, I applied for Canada Visa and added my spouse too. How did you send the payment for the Passport Delivery. In the VAC website (http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfse...ion_processing) it's mentioned to send a fee of $28.35 to a Lockbox address. Did you send the fee of you and your wife's application together as well?

Were you able to figure out the Money Order amount you need to send out to 'CSC Consular Services Inc' ?
                Thanks

Comment

Also I am reading that a service fee for VAC in Los Angeles for $34.10 for each, do we need to pay this as I have already paid the Visa fee via MyCIC which was 100 CAD for each. Please help me here too. Thanks!
                  Hi Chaitu,

Seems it’s been almost 2 years over you have done this, but I’m also in same situation you were in 2014. Please answer my following questions:

1. We have 3 confirmations (Wife, Son and I) from CIC, so we have to send 3 separate packages OR one package is good enough for entire family?
                  2. As we already paid Visa fee 100 CAD each, still need to pay VAC fee?

Thanks,
                  Madhu.

Comment

Estimated timetable for Canadian Visitor VISA

Hi
                    My mother in law will be visiting my family and I here in the U.S. from May-July. My wife and I are U.S. citizens. My mother in law is a Chinese citizen, residing in China, with a 10 year U.S. VISA. I have booked an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle in June. The cruise will enter Canadian waters and also stop in Victoria B.C. I will be applying online with CIC to obtain a visitor's VISA for my mother in law since I am certain she will need one. Assuming all goes well and she gets approved for the Canadian VISA, does anyone have an estimate as to how long the overall process will take from start to finish? I only have about 28 days from the time she arrives in the U.S. to the time we leave for the cruise.

Thank you very much for any feedback on the timetable.

Comment

Originally posted by madhukumail View Post
                      Hi Chaitu,

Seems it’s been almost 2 years over you have done this, but I’m also in same situation you were in 2014. Please answer my following questions:

1. We have 3 confirmations (Wife, Son and I) from CIC, so we have to send 3 separate packages OR one package is good enough for entire family?
                      2. As we already paid Visa fee 100 CAD each, still need to pay VAC fee?

Thanks,
                      Madhu.
                      Hi Madhu,
                      I am in same situation. Do we have to pay VAC fee after we paid 100 CAD? Please share your experience.

Thanks
                      Kumar

Comment

@Kumar @Madhu

I have also applied Visa for myself and my husband to Canada and we are living in SFO.
                        1) Did you send the passports in a single envelope
                        2) How much fee did you pay (for a single person or two) and in what format?
                        3) did you send one return envelope or two?
                        4) which additional forms did you send?

Any help would be appreciated..!!

Thanks a ton.

Originally posted by kumarp123 View Post
                        Hi Madhu,
                        I am in same situation. Do we have to pay VAC fee after we paid 100 CAD? Please share your experience.

Thanks
                        Kumar

Comment

Hi [QUOTE=kumarp123;453900] Did you get your Visa?

I am in the same boat as you. Have applied for canadian visa and now need to send my passport to LA. Could you share your experience.
                          Did you have to send Visa fee for 2 people and 2 return envelopes?

Thanks,
                          Ruchi

Hi Madhu,

Thanks
                          Kumar

Comment

[QUOTE=ruchi_ag;454896]Hi
                            Did you get your Visa?

I am in the same boat as you. Have applied for canadian visa and now need to send my passport to LA. Could you share your experience.
                            Did you have to send Visa fee for 2 people and 2 return envelopes?

Thanks,
                            Ruchi
                            Did you get your passport back? After how many days?
                            I just sent my passport with the CIC invitation letter, CSC Consent form and copy of payment to VAC address. Also sent the original payment to the VAC's locker address (this is very weird, why do they have two addresses).

Comment

Submitting passport for family (canadian visa)

See answers inline from Canadian visa team @ LA([email protected])

I applied visa for my family. Can I send all 4 passports together in a single courier to LA VAC?
                              Yes you may send all 4 passport in envelop.

Do I need to enclose 4 return AWB. Or just one for my family?
                              Only one prepaid envelop for the whole family.

Do I need to pay VAC processing fees of 30.59$ for my whole family or 30.59$ for each applicant? Is there any other fees?
                              The processing fee is $30.59 USD per applicant total amount for the whole is $122.36

What documents are required?
                              1. Consent form for each applicant or just one for family- Yes, consent form per applicant
                              2. Letter asking applicant to submit passport- Yes for each applicant
                              3. Address and phone for each applicant- Yes one letter for the whole will do.
                              4. Anything else? No additional documents are requested.

Your comprehension is very much appreciated.

Regards,
                              Visa Application Centre (SYE)

Comment

Request to submit passport for VISA processinh

Hi.
                                I submitted application for me and for my wife online and received letter to send passports.

We chose to do it at Newyork by courier option.I have two questions,
                                1. How do I pay VAC fee (30.59 USD per applicant).
                                2. is fedex AWB is not supported for passports to be delivered to home ? Only USPS allowed ?
                                3. The consent form possess many declarations which we are not applicable for as we filed application ourselves not through CSC. Could we just ignore those pages and send first two pages ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X