Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Visitor Visa - Passport Submission

Hello All,

I have been asked to submit the passport after my all the documents were sent for Canada Visitor Visa (online).

When i check online it says,

In your application form, if you have answered:

YES to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
    NO to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
    I couldn't find the answer to both of these questions. I did try to call CIC and they say that they dont answer questions related to visas over the phone and requested me to send them an email. I did send them email and waiting for their reply,

My questions are,

1. Where to send my passport, LA or NY? I am currently based out of Chicago (US) and I hold Indian passport.
    2. What all documents i need to send to CIC along with Passport?
    3. How to send my documents to CIC?

I need to complete my document process as soon as possible, as i have deadline (given by CIC) to complete it in 30 days.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jack

Any solution?

Hello Jack,

Did you get the response to your query here? I have a similar question of Where to send my passport, LA or NY?

Please reply.

Comment

Passport needs to be submitted to VAC in LA

Please send your passport to VAC in LA. NY office is closed. I did send it to VAC LA and I got it back in a few days. I hope it helps.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please let me know how long it took for the CIC to respond to you to send the passport after submitting the documents online? I have submitted my documents on 05/06/2014 and waiting for the decision for Canada vistor visa. Please help me here.

Thanks,
        Chaitu.

Comment

15 days (including weekends)

15 days (including weekends)

Comment

Thank you Jack!

Also how long will it take after you send the passports, I am curious as I am panning to visit Canada for this memorial day long weekend if I get the Visa before that.

Comment

About 10-15 Days

About 10-15 Days

Comment

Thanks again Jack!

Comment

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your previous replies and I just received a notice from CIC to send our original passports....I have one question I have one login for MyCIC and added my wife's application to it and both of us got the confirmation. Do we need to send the passport in two separate envelopes and two different return envelopes or one should be good with all details included together. Please let me know.

Thanks,
                  Chaitanya.

Comment

Also I am reading that a service fee for VAC in Los Angeles for $34.10 for each, do we need to pay this as I have already paid the Visa fee via MyCIC which was 100 CAD for each. Please help me here too. Thanks!

Comment

You have to pay that as fees for VAC service for every applicant.

Yes. You have to pay that as fees for VAC service for every applicant.

This is just a suggestion and not a legal advice.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you can send passports in a single envelop and along with 2 envelops for return service. In total there will be 3 envelops.

I have seen people just sending 2 envelopes. 1 to send the passports and other to receive the passports. Not sure, if it will work or not.

Comment

Thank you Jack, I have received my passports and I have sent both passports in one envelope and also enclosed only one prepaid envelope for both passports to return. I called VAC before doing that and they suggested this way. Thanks for your help!

Comment

HI,
                          Do I have to pay the VAC fees as well as send a self-addressed envelope or one of the two?

Comment

how to track passport

Originally posted by challa_chaitu View Post
                            Hi,

Can you please let me know how long it took for the CIC to respond to you to send the passport after submitting the documents online? I have submitted my documents on 05/06/2014 and waiting for the decision for Canada vistor visa. Please help me here.

Thanks,
                            Chaitu.
                            Hi i want to know how to track my passport or how to call VAC?
                            I have send my passport to VAC and I just pay 100 in CIC, should I pay the fee for VAC?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by challa_chaitu View Post
                            Thank you Jack, I have received my passports and I have sent both passports in one envelope and also enclosed only one prepaid envelope for both passports to return. I called VAC before doing that and they suggested this way. Thanks for your help!
                            Hi, i want to know how to track my passport or how to call VAC?
                            I have send my passport to VAC and I just pay 100 in CIC, should I pay the fee for VAC?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jack82 View Post
                            Yes. You have to pay that as fees for VAC service for every applicant.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you can send passports in a single envelop and along with 2 envelops for return service. In total there will be 3 envelops.

I have seen people just sending 2 envelopes. 1 to send the passports and other to receive the passports. Not sure, if it will work or not.

Hi i want to know how to track my passport or how to call VAC?
                            I have send my passport to VAC and I just pay 100 in CIC, should I pay the fee for VAC?How to pay the fee for VAC?

Comment

how to track passport

Sign in to your MyCIC account.
                              Under “View my submitted applications” click on “Check status and messages”.
                              Under “Application Details” click on “View submitted application” at the bottom of the page.
                              On this page, you will have the opportunity to upload the additional document, the same way you uploaded the others.
                              To upload your document, find the document listed in your checklist that appears as “Not provided” and click on “upload document”.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X