New immigrant's hubby sick but insurance coverage not started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New immigrant's hubby sick but insurance coverage not started

I have one of my fried who came on h1 visa and the day after she landed her hubby got sick and has been hospitalized for one week. Unfortunately as per her employers policy the insurance starts only on first calendar day of every month which is yet to start. Her hubby is on h4 and is not being employed as of now.

Though she hasn't paid any bills yet they have been told that bills would be around 5000 USD. Her employer's HR is simply referring to the policy and she is not getting any positive response.

In this case what would be her options and legally is there any policy that could save her?
    Any advice and suggestions would help

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sivaramanm; 03-10-2014, 10:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Unfortunately, there is no insurance plan out there that would cover the bills of already sick person, as it would be a pure loss to the insurance company.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

After medical services have been provided, no insurance policy can be initiated which will pay for medical treatment already completed.

Your friend may have to work out a payment plan with the medical services provider.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sivaramanm View Post
      I have one of my fried who came on h1 visa and the day after she landed her hubby got sick and has been hospitalized for one week. Unfortunately as per her employers policy the insurance starts only on first calendar day of every month which is yet to start. Her hubby is on h4 and is not being employed as of now.

Though she hasn't paid any bills yet they have been told that bills would be around 5000 USD. Her employer's HR is simply referring to the policy and she is not getting any positive response.

In this case what would be her options and legally is there any policy that could save her?
      Any advice and suggestions would help

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X