• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i130

they send me now letter Request for Evidence
    what is this and how long it take
    they send it to every one or only me?

Comment

Only a small percentage of I-130 petitioners receive a Request for Evidence, and usually because your petition package wasn't complete. If you understand and can provide the evidence fairly quickly, the I-130 processing is only delayed for an additional 3 or 4 weeks.

--Ray B

Originally posted by besren View Post
      they send me now letter Request for Evidence
      what is this and how long it take
      they send it to every one or only me?

Comment

i130

thank you rayb 🌺

Comment

i-130 for illegal EWI spouse

I filed for i-130 last year, got the receipt in January. I just checked the status on the USCIS website and it says it is still in the initial review. I checked the processing times for Texas, and it says that the processing time should be 5 months. I'm assuming that there is probably a backlog. Once the i-130 is approved, or denied in my case, what should I expect to happen next?

thanks

Comment

Michael,

There is no reason to expect a denial of an I-130 without a prior request for additional evidence, for which you would have sufficient time to respond.

The "5-month" processing time is only an estimate and your petition can easily exceed that processing time for no apparent reason.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Michael Mandahl View Post
            I filed for i-130 last year, got the receipt in January. I just checked the status on the USCIS website and it says it is still in the initial review. I checked the processing times for Texas, and it says that the processing time should be 5 months. I'm assuming that there is probably a backlog. Once the i-130 is approved, or denied in my case, what should I expect to happen next?

thanks

Comment

Green Card Spouse Based I130

Hi,
              I m on H1B Visa, My wife is on Green Card Holder and she filed I-130 on April 10 2017 and i got email from USCIS in 2 Weeks stating "Your petition is received by our office and is in process", i want to know how much time will NVC take to approve my I130 and will i get any mail or email from California NVC saying my I130 is approved.

Comment

The NVC might not be involved with your I-130 if you are being processed entirely in the U.S. The NVC (National Visa Center, State Department) is based in New Hampshire. Your USCIS processing will be in California only if it has gone to the California Service Center (USCIS, DHS).

Once your I-130 is approved, you will get an Approval Notice of Action from USCIS, DHS, which usually takes 4-6 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Sam86 View Post
                Hi,
                I m on H1B Visa, My wife is on Green Card Holder and she filed I-130 on April 10 2017 and i got email from USCIS in 2 Weeks stating "Your petition is received by our office and is in process", i want to know how much time will NVC take to approve my I130 and will i get any mail or email from California NVC saying my I130 is approved.

Comment

F2A Visa Bulletin 2nd Table

Thanks for your reply Ray.

One more question, In Visa Bulletin there are 2 tables, first table i know that's the priority date and for F2A is July 2015.

where as in 2nd Table its telling for F2A is April 2016. My Priority Date is April 10 2017.

If the 2nd table date moves to April 15 2017, can i file my i485 & I765 and can get EAD till my priority date became current.

Please explain about two table of Visa Bulletin.

Thanks in Advance

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                  The NVC might not be involved with your I-130 if you are being processed entirely in the U.S. The NVC (National Visa Center, State Department) is based in New Hampshire. Your USCIS processing will be in California only if it has gone to the California Service Center (USCIS, DHS).

Once your I-130 is approved, you will get an Approval Notice of Action from USCIS, DHS, which usually takes 4-6 months.

--Ray B

Comment

How Should I answer this question in I-130.

Hello,
                    I am filing I-130 for my unmarried sister who paid visited me (at USA) 2 years ago and she went back to her native country before her visa expired. In form I-130, There is a question to answer for her Entry Information which is Question #45.

Q45. Was the beneficiary EVER in the United states? Yes or No.

What should the answer supposed to be? I believe "Yes" for the answer but my sister thinks "No" because she didn't live in US and she just paid a visit.
                    Please aware that She is now in US for her 2nd time visit along with my mom.
                    Pre Thanks for your help.
                    This is my opinion not legal advice. I just want to help you to thoroughly consider among doable ways but you take your own risks.

Comment

The answer is "yes."

--Ray B

Originally posted by meni View Post
                      Hello,
                      I am filing I-130 for my unmarried sister who paid visited me (at USA) 2 years ago and she went back to her native country before her visa expired. In form I-130, There is a question to answer for her Entry Information which is Question #45.

Q45. Was the beneficiary EVER in the United states? Yes or No.

What should the answer supposed to be? I believe "Yes" for the answer but my sister thinks "No" because she didn't live in US and she just paid a visit.
                      Please aware that She is now in US for her 2nd time visit along with my mom.
                      Pre Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thank you!!

To ray b, thank you so much for your help.

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                        the answer is "yes."

--ray b
                        Originally posted by meni View Post
                        hello,
                        i am filing i-130 for my unmarried sister who paid visited me (at usa) 2 years ago and she went back to her native country before her visa expired. In form i-130, there is a question to answer for her entry information which is question #45.

Q45. Was the beneficiary ever in the united states? Yes or no.

What should the answer supposed to be? I believe "yes" for the answer but my sister thinks "no" because she didn't live in us and she just paid a visit.
                        Please aware that she is now in us for her 2nd time visit along with my mom.
                        Pre thanks for your help.
                        This is my opinion not legal advice. I just want to help you to thoroughly consider among doable ways but you take your own risks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X