i130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i130

"Hi, I am an American Green Card holder and have filled I130 and G325A for my wife in December, 2013.I received NOA from USCIS on December 09,2013 mentioning Priority date as December 09,2013 and Preference classification as 203 A2A INA Spouse of LPR. How much time it takes for its processing?

For the I-130 alone, if your wife is to be processed outside the U.S., about 14 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Babita Sobti View Post
    "Hi, I am an American Green Card holder and have filled I130 and G325A for my wife in December, 2013.I received NOA from USCIS on December 09,2013 mentioning Priority date as December 09,2013 and Preference classification as 203 A2A INA Spouse of LPR. How much time it takes for its processing?

Comment

As she lives in India and I want to call her here in U.S, does it mean it would take 14 months for it??
      Last edited by Babita Sobti; 03-14-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

You asked how long it would take to get your wife to the U.S. after an I-130 submittal (since you are not a U.S. citizen). I responded that it would take about 14 months. I don't understand what you are asking below?

--Ray B

As she lives in India and I want to call her here in U.S, does it mean it would take 14 months for it??

Comment

Hi, I received a letter from USCIS 3 days back mentioning that I have an interview call next month regarding my case.
          I am little worried as according to my knowledge or what my friends told me is that in my case they do not call petitioner for the interview rather beneficiary has to appear for it.
          Please if some has information regarding it do please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

USCIS does sometimes request petitioners to come in for an interview during I-130 processing. I've had this happen for Afghan petitioners and for petitioners with large age differences.

--Ray B

Hi, I received a letter from USCIS 3 days back mentioning that I have an interview call next month regarding my case.
            I am little worried as according to my knowledge or what my friends told me is that in my case they do not call petitioner for the interview rather beneficiary has to appear for it.
            Please if some has information regarding it do please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the information. Is this interview is a formality or their decision actually depends on this interview. ?

Comment

Interviews in U.S., in person or by telephone, are a discretionary action to clarify the petitioner's status and legitimacy of the petition process.

I've seen this happen with two people whose paperwork I submitted: An Afghan national in the U.S. who petitioned her husband. It seemed that they wanted to question the petitioner in person to be convinced of the legitimacy of her marital relationship.

The other instance, fairly recently, was of a U.S. petitioner who repetitioned his fiancee who had left the U.S. after being here on a K1 visa. When asked to come to a USCIS office, 600 miles away, he had to fly to the office, only to be browbeaten by an interviewer about his age difference, but the petition was then approved.

I've had several instances of U.S. Embassies, in Kabul and Moscow, wanting petitioners to call them to be interviewed by phone.

--Ray B

Thanks for the information. Is this interview is a formality or their decision actually depends on this interview. ?

Comment

Thank you so much for the useful information.

Comment

I 130

Please how long does it take for the I130 to be processed after it been sent to the NVC?

Comment

The NVC doesn't process the I-130, but sends you two bills ($88 and $230), and you then send sponsorship and civil documents to the NVC.

Time at the NVC can be 3 weeks to 6 weeks, if everything is done correctly.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Kay Samuels View Post
                      Please how long does it take for the I130 to be processed after it been sent to the NVC?

Comment

Yeah may be depends 😒😞coz I am an Indian got married to n American citizen it's been 8 months now still Wating. Dnt knw when thy will call for medicals then interview etc etc.

Comment

Your waiting time depends on two factors:

1. Are you being processed in the U.S.; or
                          2. Are you being processed abroad.

If in the U.S., an I-485 packet can be submitted with or after the I-130, and processing time should be about 6 months from when the I-485 is submitted.

If being processed abroad, the NVC step, requiring payment of two fees and submittal of more documents, will follow the USCIS approval of the petition.

-Ray B

Originally posted by Gargi Deka Steward View Post
                          Yeah may be depends coz I am an Indian got married to n American citizen it's been 8 months now still Wating. Dnt knw when thy will call for medicals then interview etc etc.

Comment

i130

hi i apply in i 130 for my husband i am a usa citizen and i have two kids.
                            i apply in november and they send me a receipt it has number i need to know how long its take to they call me ? and how long its take to my husband come to usa

Comment

Besren,

It will take between 2 and 6 months for your husband's I-130 to be approved.

It will then go to the National Visa Center for fees and paperwork to be exchanged, taking another 4-8 weeks.

Afterwards, it will go to your husband's U.S. Embassy or U.S. consulate for medical exam and then interview. Average time, which varies by country and how well the paperwork is packaged, from submittal of petition to approval of visa, is between 6 and 10 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by besren View Post
                              hi i apply in i 130 for my husband i am a usa citizen and i have two kids.
                              i apply in november and they send me a receipt it has number i need to know how long its take to they call me ? and how long its take to my husband come to usa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X