Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attending mass public middle school

Hello!

I have dear family friends who are Spanish, living in Madrid, and they have a son who we’d like to have live with my family for a year, to be with us and experience the US. He hopes to study in the US for college when he is older, and since our families are close, we thought a year here would be a nice way to get to know the area. And it would be a great adventure and experience for all of us!

While he is staying with us, we’d of course like him to attend the local public school of my town, but in doing online research I’ve learned there are only public high schools not public middle schools that he can attend on an F-1 visa. He will be 13- 8th grade. This doesn’t make sense to me since if I understand correctly, a child of an F1 visitor could attend a local public middle school if they lived in my town, so clearly it is not an age issue or a school issue.

Maybe it is because I am looking at school visas when he really isn’t coming to study, he is coming to live with us for a year, and of course while he is here he needs to go to school. Is there some other visa besides f-1 that qualifies for – so he can come over to live with us for about 10 months? It would just be temporary of course. I am hoping that since a child of an international student living in Sharon on an F-1 visa could attend my local middle school, that a child I (as a US ctizen) am hosting also can under the same principle. Can you please advise?

Thank you very much for your help!
    Carrie
    ps I wasnt sure which forum to post this in- apologies for double posting!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X