Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Transit Visa

Hi,

I am travelling from USA to India through London Manchester Airport. My Visa got expired. I have valid I-94 and I-797 for stamping in India. Do I need to take UK Transit visa (DATV - Direct Airside Transit Visa)

Thanks.

TWOV exemption

Edit: Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. There is no such airport as London Manchester airport. If it's either an airport in London(Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted etc) or Manchester, please see my answer below. If you're transiting through more than one UK airport, you'll have to pass through immigration in which case your chances of being exempted solely depends on the immigration officer.

Hi,

Your name suggests you're either from India or Sri Lanka(my apologies if my assumption is wrong). In either case, according to the website (https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/sri-lanka/transit/no) you're exempted from needing a transit visa if you meet one of the conditions -

are travelling to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
    are travelling from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
    have a valid US permanent residence card issued on or after 21 April 1998 (or an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship if it’s expired)
    have a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002
    have a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA)
    have a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state

Since you have a valid I 797, I believe you meet condition 3. Also depending on your date of arrival in the US, you might meet condition 2(though that's not necessary if condition 3 is met). So you should be able to transit airside through the UK without a visa. Also you might be able to transit landside(pass immigration) however that will be at the discretion of the immigration officer.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Shuvojit Ghosh; 03-28-2014, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Datv

Hello,
      I am traveling to India via Heathrow from USA. I have a connecting flight within one hour from the same terminal at which I would arrive. I have a valid F1 student visa. And I last entered USA more than six months ago from my date of journey. Do I need to take DATV? Thanks.
      Last edited by tabish; 04-28-2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

UK Transit

Hi,
        I am travelling to India from USA via London (Heathrow). I have a valid H1 visa and wife has a approved I-797A (F1) from USCIS. We have not traveled to India for last 18 months. Do we need to get a Transit Visa (DATV) ?

Comment

Hi,
          I am also travelling to India from USA via London (Heathrow). I have a valid H1 visa and have not traveled to India from last 2 years.
          UK visa site mentioned below point as exemption
          -- are travelling from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
          As per this looks like I need a Direct Air Side Transit Visa, but spoke with travel agent and they say valid US stamping should be good.
          Not sure how to get the accurate information. Did any one have accurate information or did any one spoke with UK embassy?
          What happens if we travel with out DATV?

Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X