Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD and change of visa status from E-2 to L-2

Hi,

I am currently working in the USA on an E2 Visa and my wife has the E2 spouse visa. She has an EAD and is also working.

My employer now needs to change my Visa from E2 to L1. So my wife will also need to change her dependent Visa to L2. After changing to this new Visa, what will happen with my wife's existing EAD? Will it remain valid until she gets a new EAD for which she will apply immediately after obtaining the L2? As this will take 3-4 months, she can't afford to be without valid EAD to keep her job.

Thanks!

We have the same situation, it looks like you haven't heard back from anyone yet here but wanted to see if you learnt more in the meantime? I heard there might be a option for a temporary work permit until the new EAD is done - what did you end up doing?

Jana

Originally posted by bomrulz View Post
    Hi,

I am currently working in the USA on an E2 Visa and my wife has the E2 spouse visa. She has an EAD and is also working.

My employer now needs to change my Visa from E2 to L1. So my wife will also need to change her dependent Visa to L2. After changing to this new Visa, what will happen with my wife's existing EAD? Will it remain valid until she gets a new EAD for which she will apply immediately after obtaining the L2? As this will take 3-4 months, she can't afford to be without valid EAD to keep her job.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X