Green Card stolen! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card stolen! HELP!

got broken into today and all my important documents have been stolen including my greencard. I have an appointment for an interview to get my citizenship in two weeks and one of the requirements is to bring my alien card! I feel lost and upset! What do I need to do for this case? I am in the military if that helps.

If you submitted a copy of your Green Card with your N-400 Naturalization application, you might be able to get through the interview without having to produce your Green Card. Normally the Green Card is relinquished at the oath-taking ceremony. I've known other N-400 applicants who had copies but who also lost Green Cards and managed to get through the Naturalization process without having to turn over the Green Card.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jangii View Post
    got broken into today and all my important documents have been stolen including my greencard. I have an appointment for an interview to get my citizenship in two weeks and one of the requirements is to bring my alien card! I feel lost and upset! What do I need to do for this case? I am in the military if that helps.

Comment

Did you call the police and file a report? The report ought to state your GC was pilfered, and you can take that with you to your interview and oath ceremony (along with a copy of it if you have one).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X