H1b extension and h1b transfer to a new company overlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b extension and h1b transfer to a new company overlap

My current company (full time job) has approved my first h1b extension (may not be premium). While that is processing what happens if i get another opportunity from a different company? Can I still transfer my h1b VISA while that is processing? Could you guys shed some light on this. Thanks in advance for your help.

My currebt h1b started from 2011 OCT to 2014 OCT. I94 expiring on OCT10 2014

I am currently doing interviews (full time job) to change company. Without me asking them they approved my h1b extension. Should i apply for the extension? If so in the middle of the process what if i get another offer?
    Last edited by varunkumar; 03-28-2014, 06:30 PM.

Originally posted by varunkumar View Post
    My current company (full time job) has approved my first h1b extension (may not be premium). While that is processing what happens if i get another opportunity from a different company? Can I still transfer my h1b VISA while that is processing? Could you guys shed some light on this. Thanks in advance for your help.

My currebt h1b started from 2011 OCT to 2014 OCT. I94 expiring on OCT10 2014

I am currently doing interviews (full time job) to change company. Without me asking them they approved my h1b extension. Should i apply for the extension? If so in the middle of the process what if i get another offer?
    If you get another offer you can join them, and the petition is approved, you can join them. one can have multiple approved petitions with different employer at a point of time and choose whom to work with as long as each has a valid corresponding I-94. Of course, one can work with only one at a time (unless its concurrent petition).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X