Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-129F visa...processing times

Hey,

Me and my Fiance are currently going through the process, I am from the UK and he is from the USA, we have been together for 4 years and are getting married (obviously). We started the whole process before Christmas and we received the first NOA form on the 17th Jan - the application is in its 'initial review' stage on the case status and was last updated on 15th Jan. Our application is at the Texas service centre - I know the process takes '5 months' I read it a million times on the average processing times page and several other places as Im constantly researching it. Just wondered if anyone else had, had their application moved any quicker? Me and my Fiance haven't seen each other since January and this is the longest time we have ever gone, we normally manage to see each other every month/other month near enough!

Thanks!

I mailed our i129F on Oct 12, 2013. We just had our interview at the Embassy on Mar 26, 2014.

Excluding the delays we created ourselves, our petition took about 18 weeks.

Based on our experience, the five month standing average seems plausible.

Good luck.

Comment

I-129F visa...processing times

Hi I just received my NVC notice I called and was told my packet was just sent to Minilla Philippines for them to send us a packet to finish processing k 1 visa . Dose anyone know how long that might take

Comment

It took over two weeks get get our visa after completing the interview.

The total time from start to visa was 20 weeks and two days (excluding delays that were our own fault).

We bought our airline tickets immediately.

Total time from mailing the packet to the Dallas dropbox to our upcoming wedding day (excluding delays that were our own fault), 25 weeks.

Comment

I am still Wating it's been 9 months😞now.

Comment

Thanks for the replies..we are still waiting, coming up to 31/2 months now - its still in Texas..Ive heard soon as it moves from there it starts to move much quicker!! Praying it moves from there soon...

Comment

Originally posted by linuxpro View Post
              I mailed our i129F on Oct 12, 2013. We just had our interview at the Embassy on Mar 26, 2014.

Excluding the delays we created ourselves, our petition took about 18 weeks.

Based on our experience, the five month standing average seems plausible.

Good luck.
              It took over two weeks get get our visa after completing the interview.

The total time from start to visa was 20 weeks and two days (excluding delays that were our own fault).

We bought our airline tickets immediately.

Total time from mailing the packet to the Dallas dropbox to our upcoming wedding day (excluding delays that were our own fault), 25 weeks.
              Do either of you guys know who long your application was at the NVC place for - I read somewhere its only there for a few weeks and somewhere else where it says it can take a month!!!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Amieeliza View Post
                Do either of you guys know who long your application was at the NVC place for - I read somewhere its only there for a few weeks and somewhere else where it says it can take a month!!!

Thanks
                The NOA2 was on Dec 23. We received a letter from the NVC at about the end of January. The letter said that our case was forwarded to the Embassy (that is consistent about three weeks if you take into account the time it the post office took to deliver it). Then we received notice from the embassy on about Feb 20. My fiance was out of town at the time.

Out interview was on Mar 26.

I was under the impression that things happen faster if the petitioner is a US veteran, but our case was completed in average time, so I guess I was wrong. If yours is tied up so long there must be some "snafu". Perhaps why are waiting on the DHS clearance, or something. I heard they will delay or deny it if you owe back taxes.
                Last edited by linuxpro; 05-01-2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

The NOA2 was on Dec 23. We received a letter from the NVC at about the end of January. The letter said that our case was forwarded to the Embassy (that is consistent about three weeks if you take into account the time it the post office took to deliver it). Then we received notice from the embassy on about Feb 20. My fiance was out of town at the time.

Out interview was on Mar 26.

I was under the impression that things happen faster if the petitioner is a US veteran, but our case was completed in average time, so I guess I was wrong. If yours is tied up so long there must be some "snafu". Perhaps why are waiting on the DHS clearance, or something. I heard they will delay or deny it if you owe back taxes.
                  Ah okay thank you. My fiance doesn't owe any taxes or anything like that so can't see why/if there would be a delay for any reason - I guess we will just have to keep waiting!! Such a long process! Our people that helped us do the application said this wait time is normal and to just wait it out - but its just so frustrating! Especially when trying to plan a wedding!!! Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Amieeliza View Post
                    Ah okay thank you. My fiance doesn't owe any taxes or anything like that so can't see why/if there would be a delay for any reason - I guess we will just have to keep waiting!! Such a long process! Our people that helped us do the application said this wait time is normal and to just wait it out - but its just so frustrating! Especially when trying to plan a wedding!!! Thanks for the reply!
                    If he has the case number he can check the status online. But the status means nothing once the case is forwarded to the NVC.

I am pretty sure he can call the NVC at the 1-800 number, and give them the USCIS case number. They will give him the new case number, and maybe a status update.
                    Last edited by linuxpro; 05-02-2014, 05:04 AM.

Comment

If he has the case number he can check the status online. But the status means nothing once the case is forwarded to the NVC.

I am pretty sure he can call the NVC at the 1-800 number, and give them the USCIS case number. They will give him the new case number, and maybe a status update.
                      Yeah I have the case number for the USCIS and I keep checking it online - its still in the 'initial review' and it hasn't been updated since the 15th Jan...so we are still at the stage where we are waiting for it to be approved and then sent to the NVC - when its are that point I will get him to call them! Theres mixed opinions on how long it can be there for - I've heard between 2-6 weeks..?!

Someone also said that the Texas place is on a go slow - but they did just update their processing times yesterday and it still says 5 months -- Just gotta keep waiting..!!

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Similar situation

Hi Amieeliza.

Just read your story, made me think of mine with the difference I'm french and already married.
                        But I submitted my I 130 28th of January and they got the I 129F 14th of february 2014
                        Still no news.
                        So frustrating and just so hard to be appart from each other.
                        But you any change between may and june?
                        I would like to follow your case because mine is also in Texas so it would be a good sign if its going the right way for you.
                        Fingers crossed that's all we can do.

Comment

It sounds like they are "booked up". Perhaps there has been some good economic news.

Two years ago I left the USA. The economy was hurting. Phoenix was looking like a "ghost town" on Saturday evenings. The malls were not too busy.

Last year my investments did very well. That is a good economic indicator. Better economy==more petitions. More petitions==slower service.

Comment

Case number

Hello;

Did you all get your case number immediately after you sent the paperwork or how long it took you to get it?

My fiancee sent it on July 7th 2014 and never received a case number on the mail to check online. That's why I'm wondering at what stage you do get the case number.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me with .

Comment

Case #, I-130

Originally posted by rodman2211 View Post
                              Hello;

Did you all get your case number immediately after you sent the paperwork or how long it took you to get it?

My fiancee sent it on July 7th 2014 and never received a case number on the mail to check online. That's why I'm wondering at what stage you do get the case number.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me with .
                              That's a very long time, like my Wife's and I (Philippines marriage). We sent our papers to USCIS in March 2014, they processed Approval in April, with our new NVC case number on June 6, 2014. We still have NOT had our interview yet, and after reading this forum, I think it would be pointless to process the outdated I-129 (K-3 Visa) this late. They also lost my wife's NBI, Marriage, and Birth certificates, making us resend them AGAIN with another 60 day processing delay.
                              As far as your situation, rodman, you should've had an I-797 from USCIS, followed by at least a "DS-261 Notice" by NVC with a NVC Case Number, Invoice ID Number, and Beneficiary Number on the letter within 3 months before the visa process. Give USCIS a call if you can. NVC needs the Case Number from you if you want any phone inquiries, which for the most part they tell you nothing more than the same letters/emails from NVC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X