petition I-751 after name change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petition I-751 after name change

I have received a conditional green card based on a marriage in 2012 and it is time for me to remove the condition on my green card. So I was going to petition I-751, however I have changed my name legally after I got my conditional green card but haven't reported it to the immigration yet. Once I report it to the immigration, they need to make a new green card for me and it costs $450. So my plan is.. When I petition I-751, I am going to attach a copy of court order it shows my name has changed from (my old name) to (my new name) legally and a letter I wrote to explain what happened to my name and what I want.

Once I petition I-751, the immigration has to make a new green card and I need to go there for interview and finger print anyways so in my opinion, I don't have to pay additional $450 for a new green card due to my name change.

Do you think my plan would work? Or do I have to petition I-751 and I-90 (replace a green card because of name change $450) separately?

There is no requirement to pay an I-90 fee for a replacement name change, though it is an acceptable option if you want the earlier card to reflect your new name.

When you submit the I-751 with copy of your old Green Card, use your new name on the I-751 and attach proof of the legal name change.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sheischloe View Post
    I have received a conditional green card based on a marriage in 2012 and it is time for me to remove the condition on my green card. So I was going to petition I-751, however I have changed my name legally after I got my conditional green card but haven't reported it to the immigration yet. Once I report it to the immigration, they need to make a new green card for me and it costs $450. So my plan is.. When I petition I-751, I am going to attach a copy of court order it shows my name has changed from (my old name) to (my new name) legally and a letter I wrote to explain what happened to my name and what I want.

Once I petition I-751, the immigration has to make a new green card and I need to go there for interview and finger print anyways so in my opinion, I don't have to pay additional $450 for a new green card due to my name change.

Do you think my plan would work? Or do I have to petition I-751 and I-90 (replace a green card because of name change $450) separately?

Comment

thanks

http://www.uscis.gov/i-90

(E) My name or other information has been legally changed.

$365+ $85 = $450

According to USCIS website, it costs $450 total for I-90 and I thought I had to pay

Thanks for your help. It was very helpful.
      Last edited by sheischloe; 04-03-2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X