No announcement yet.

I 485 and I 130 got rejected help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't sound like you need an attorney to fix this problem.

--Ray B

Originally posted by worried wife View Post
    Update: we got the rejection letter from USCIS and the reason of the rejection is because the money order is from 2 years ago. That was a huge relief. Thanks everyone.

Comment

I am also fill to up to date

Comment

same-ish problem?

Hey guys,

Just like "worried wife" (I hope it is ok to call you like this, I am one too!) I got a rejection notice in the mail. It went to the wrong address and I thank whoever lives there to care enough to find me and let me know. I could have waited for weeks.

Anyway, my package came back with a rejection notice, because an 8 on my check looks like a 9 (barely, really) so it is "written in the future", and not acceptable.

It is a very silly reason to reject my package but hey, I did not expect it to go smoothly. It never does.

My package is completely messed up and they stapled things together that don't make much sense (my birth certificate is stapled with one letter from my husband's mother, while all the other letters and personal mail is stapled together separately. Those are just examples, everything is stapled randomly from what I can see).
        I figure they have good, unknown reasons to do so, so I am gonna let it be that way, but my problem is, many things are missing!!! First of all, my hsuband's passport is missing. I had made a copy of each page and only the last two remain, which is too bad because those pages are blank. Second, my photo album is missing. And third, which is the worst to be, my medical examination is missing (my TB test was positive so I had to get a chest Xray which was negative, and had lost a good 4 weeks of my life for not much -or nothing-).

Today is Sunday and I am left alone with my thoughts, since I cannot contact the USCIS. Has this ever happen to anyone? Are those missing things lost, or do they just keep them there with them? It seems CRAZY that they would lose so much of my application but it would not surprise me. My head is ready to explode with frustration.

Comment

Carole,

This was truly unfortunate. When a package is rejected for a fee, signature problem or expired form, the documents have not been receipted as a case, and you cannot expect anything held out to be available when you resubmit.

My advice is to resubmit everything in correct order as if you had not submitted it before, but make sure your check information clearly shows the normal inputted data.

Have a second set of eyes review everything before you submit the package.

--Ray B

Originally posted by carole View Post
          Hey guys,

Just like "worried wife" (I hope it is ok to call you like this, I am one too!) I got a rejection notice in the mail. It went to the wrong address and I thank whoever lives there to care enough to find me and let me know. I could have waited for weeks.

Anyway, my package came back with a rejection notice, because an 8 on my check looks like a 9 (barely, really) so it is "written in the future", and not acceptable.

It is a very silly reason to reject my package but hey, I did not expect it to go smoothly. It never does.

My package is completely messed up and they stapled things together that don't make much sense (my birth certificate is stapled with one letter from my husband's mother, while all the other letters and personal mail is stapled together separately. Those are just examples, everything is stapled randomly from what I can see).
          I figure they have good, unknown reasons to do so, so I am gonna let it be that way, but my problem is, many things are missing!!! First of all, my hsuband's passport is missing. I had made a copy of each page and only the last two remain, which is too bad because those pages are blank. Second, my photo album is missing. And third, which is the worst to be, my medical examination is missing (my TB test was positive so I had to get a chest Xray which was negative, and had lost a good 4 weeks of my life for not much -or nothing-).

Today is Sunday and I am left alone with my thoughts, since I cannot contact the USCIS. Has this ever happen to anyone? Are those missing things lost, or do they just keep them there with them? It seems CRAZY that they would lose so much of my application but it would not surprise me. My head is ready to explode with frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
            Carole,

This was truly unfortunate. When a package is rejected for a fee, signature problem or expired form, the documents have not been receipted as a case, and you cannot expect anything held out to be available when you resubmit.

My advice is to resubmit everything in correct order as if you had not submitted it before, but make sure your check information clearly shows the normal inputted data.

Have a second set of eyes review everything before you submit the package.

--Ray B
            Rayb, thank you for that. Now I am confused though because I just got an officer from the USCIS on the phone and she told me to send everything as is.

Should I take all the staples off and act like nothing happened? Or should I send it as if, with their staples in and everything? When looking closer, it does look like it makes "sense" (I wanna laugh just using this word here). It goes like this:

First stack of paper (stapled together): I-485 + my birth certificate with translation X2 + all the copies of my passport and visa pages
            Second stack of paper (stapled): I-864 Affidavit of support from my husband + his paystubs
            Third stack (stapled): his tax returns
            Fourth stack (stapled): his tax returns, still
            Fifth stack (stapled): my tax returns
            Sixth stack: I-130 + 24 (out of 26) pages of my husband's passport
            Seventh stack: the last page of his passport + our marriage licence + my divorce documents from previous mariage + one letter from his mother
            Eighth stack, NOT stapled: all the other personal letters I gathered

And at the back there is a plastic envelope with my medical examination (bent), all of our photo IDs and the front of the package that was ripped off with my address on it (even if they sent it at the wrong one)

Like I said it is a hot mess but those papers all follow each other. However, in addition to missing my photo album, I am also missing one copy of my marriage certificate and one copy of my divorce documents.

Knowing all this, should I unstaple everything and put it back as if nothing happened? My first reaction would be to leave it as is. Also, do I add yet another marriage certificate copy? Another divorce doc copy?

This is insane... But than you for your time! I am this close to a nervous breakdown

Comment

Whether you follow the officer's instructions or re-compile and submit as new, the end result will probably be the same. I've had to resubmit for several of my clients in the past, and I always sent as new submittals, mainly because I didn't see any reason (did not talk to USCIS) to send the mess back the way I got it from USCIS.

--Ray B

Rayb, thank you for that. Now I am confused though because I just got an officer from the USCIS on the phone and she told me to send everything as is.

Should I take all the staples off and act like nothing happened? Or should I send it as if, with their staples in and everything? When looking closer, it does look like it makes "sense" (I wanna laugh just using this word here). It goes like this:

First stack of paper (stapled together): I-485 + my birth certificate with translation X2 + all the copies of my passport and visa pages
              Second stack of paper (stapled): I-864 Affidavit of support from my husband + his paystubs
              Third stack (stapled): his tax returns
              Fourth stack (stapled): his tax returns, still
              Fifth stack (stapled): my tax returns
              Sixth stack: I-130 + 24 (out of 26) pages of my husband's passport
              Seventh stack: the last page of his passport + our marriage licence + my divorce documents from previous mariage + one letter from his mother
              Eighth stack, NOT stapled: all the other personal letters I gathered

And at the back there is a plastic envelope with my medical examination (bent), all of our photo IDs and the front of the package that was ripped off with my address on it (even if they sent it at the wrong one)

Like I said it is a hot mess but those papers all follow each other. However, in addition to missing my photo album, I am also missing one copy of my marriage certificate and one copy of my divorce documents.

Knowing all this, should I unstaple everything and put it back as if nothing happened? My first reaction would be to leave it as is. Also, do I add yet another marriage certificate copy? Another divorce doc copy?

This is insane... But than you for your time! I am this close to a nervous breakdown

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                Whether you follow the officer's instructions or re-compile and submit as new, the end result will probably be the same. I've had to resubmit for several of my clients in the past, and I always sent as new submittals, mainly because I didn't see any reason (did not talk to USCIS) to send the mess back the way I got it from USCIS.

--Ray B
                Thank you Rayb.

I personally wanna send their own mess bac, so they have a taste of it. It's not revenge, but maybe they'll feel for me. Maybe I'm stupid. Is it gonna be a problem that my docs are now in different order?

Comment

If you resubmit with all your docs in the correct order, with a good cover letter, USCIS staff will know (from annotations on your form pages), that your package was rejected and returned to you. They really won't care and will review your package as if it was a first submittal.

--Ray B

Thank you Rayb.

I personally wanna send their own mess bac, so they have a taste of it. It's not revenge, but maybe they'll feel for me. Maybe I'm stupid. Is it gonna be a problem that my docs are now in different order?

Comment

Thanks Ray b

Your info has been useful, not just for my specific case, but for other people. I've been spending a lot of time on this forum trying to wrap my head around all the possible scenarios.

So, on September 9th, I sent my application back with two new checks. I sent it as is, with their staples and their writings in the margins.

I have not heard anything since... My checks have not been deposited, I have not received any mail, and my status is still the same on egov (last update was from August 26th, when my package was rejected).

They say to wait 30 days but my faith has been destroyed since the first rejection (because they lost my photo album and sent the package back to the wrong address) and I feel like something bad happened. They lost it, misplaced it, or sent it to Tumbuctu.

I have called them, got the Level 2 customer center (nicest people on earth) (I'm being sarcastic) and nobody can do anything. All I have is a receipt number from my rejection in August, and nothing else......

Comment

Carole,

All you can do now is wait for a while to see if processing continues. In your place, I would have re-organized the package and sent as a new submittal, with the checks showing correct amounts.

Whatever you do while waiting, DO NOT STOP PAYMENT ON CHECKS.

--Ray B

Thanks Ray b

Your info has been useful, not just for my specific case, but for other people. I've been spending a lot of time on this forum trying to wrap my head around all the possible scenarios.

So, on September 9th, I sent my application back with two new checks. I sent it as is, with their staples and their writings in the margins.

I have not heard anything since... My checks have not been deposited, I have not received any mail, and my status is still the same on egov (last update was from August 26th, when my package was rejected).

They say to wait 30 days but my faith has been destroyed since the first rejection (because they lost my photo album and sent the package back to the wrong address) and I feel like something bad happened. They lost it, misplaced it, or sent it to Tumbuctu.

I have called them, got the Level 2 customer center (nicest people on earth) (I'm being sarcastic) and nobody can do anything. All I have is a receipt number from my rejection in August, and nothing else......

Comment

So they could be punishing me for sending it back as is???

After posting here on the 9th, I went to a help center in Brooklyn who looked at the package and the notice, and told me to send it back the way it was.

I will not stop the payment on the checks but I have a bad, bad feeling about it all. I have the feeling that they never received it (it arrived in Chicago, according to USPS, but nobody sent me a notification by email or text even if I had attached the 1145).

Comment

Carole,

I understand why USCIS and other "help" staff would tell you to send back as you received it, but there is too great a risk of a messy package being mishandled second time around. I've probably returned a half dozen or so packages that had been rejected for things like unsigned checks, unsigned forms, etc., and something was always missing in the received package than what was sent, and the apparent haphazard reorganization by the USCIS office defied logic, so I repackaged everything, and sometimes updated forms as well.

There is no penalty for sending a freshly-reorganized package second time around. But there could very well be a "downside" to sending the package back, with corrected check, the way you received the package from USCIS.

--Ray B

So they could be punishing me for sending it back as is???

After posting here on the 9th, I went to a help center in Brooklyn who looked at the package and the notice, and told me to send it back the way it was.

I will not stop the payment on the checks but I have a bad, bad feeling about it all. I have the feeling that they never received it (it arrived in Chicago, according to USPS, but nobody sent me a notification by email or text even if I had attached the 1145).

Comment

how is going your case? ik is late but im now in the same process wondering for someone who had been in the same position

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X