I 485 and I 130 got rejected help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 485 and I 130 got rejected help

I sent my green card package on March 18th and never got a letter from uscis. Today I called the customer service and the lady on the phone said my I 485 and I 130 applications got rejected and it they sent a letter explaining why on March 28th, I haven't gotten it yet and when I asked the lady if she knew the reason she said it says other reasons and she don't know. Me and my husband are worried as sick what's gonna happen now?? Ami gonna get deported?? Should I hire a lawyer please help

Yes you need a lawyer

Comment

You don't need a lawyer unless there is an eligibility issue. Wait until you get the package back and know the rejection reason.

"Rejection" does not mean "denial." It means there was something wrong with the contents of your package (visa quota eligibility, signatures, expired forms or fee amount check problem).

A rejected package is returned, with the contents all topsy-turvy, and your check uncashed.

Relax and hold your judgement until you get the package back and know the rejection reason(s).

--Ray B

Originally posted by worried wife View Post
      I sent my green card package on March 18th and never got a letter from uscis. Today I called the customer service and the lady on the phone said my I 485 and I 130 applications got rejected and it they sent a letter explaining why on March 28th, I haven't gotten it yet and when I asked the lady if she knew the reason she said it says other reasons and she don't know. Me and my husband are worried as sick what's gonna happen now?? Ami gonna get deported?? Should I hire a lawyer please help
      - - - Updated - - -

Claudia,

Why would you tell someone they need a lawyer if the problem wasn't identified? The original poster said that a telephone inquiry about a delay in notice of her processing resulted in her being told her package was "rejected." She doesn't know why it was rejected, though I suggested a couple of possible reasons, all of which would not require an attorney to fix.

Even a denial would not necessarily require assistance of an attorney, if the denial was based on an insufficient evidence issue.

--Ray B

Originally posted by claudia36 View Post
      Yes you need a lawyer

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I try so hard not to worry but it's a little hard since this will have tremendous effect on me and my future. Once I get the letter, I'll share what it says.

Comment

You might try to "brainstorm" in advance. Is your petitioner (husband?) a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder? If the latter, your visa quota slot might not yet be available to you.

If you have copies of everything you submitted...did you have a single check for $1,490 or two checks for $1,070 and $420? Can you look at copies of those checks and see if they were both signed with dates prior to the current date?

Were all the forms signed?

Were any of the forms with expiration dates already past? With some USCIS forms this won't matter, but with others, it can cause a rejection.

-Ray B

Thanks for your answer. I try so hard not to worry but it's a little hard since this will have tremendous effect on me and my future. Once I get the letter, I'll share what it says.

Comment

Y would I tell someone they need a lawyer, because I'm going thru the same thing and u had to get a lawyer

Comment

Yes we bought a bank money order for 1.490 2 years ago. Because back the we thought we had a sponsor and at the last minute he backed out. So it took 2 years for us to find another sponsor and we used the bank money order from 2 years ago.

Now I'm worried because the person on the phone said they sent the letter on March 28th and still nothing on the mailbox I think it got lost and I know they usually give 30 days to appeal and I'm too stressed well miss that. Yes my husband is a us citizen btw. Please someone tell me what to do I'm too stressed I can't think straight.

Comment

And all the forms I've filled were up to date

Comment

I don't think you understood what I posted earlier. A "Rejection" of a package is not a denial, so there is nothing to appeal. You look closely at the reason fr the rejection, fix it, and submit over.

If the bank money order was two years old, that might have been the problem, but hold your judgment until you receive back the rejected package.

If mailed on March 28, it's not particuarly overdue yet.

--Ray B

Yes we bought a bank money order for 1.490 2 years ago. Because back the we thought we had a sponsor and at the last minute he backed out. So it took 2 years for us to find another sponsor and we used the bank money order from 2 years ago.

Now I'm worried because the person on the phone said they sent the letter on March 28th and still nothing on the mailbox I think it got lost and I know they usually give 30 days to appeal and I'm too stressed well miss that. Yes my husband is a us citizen btw. Please someone tell me what to do I'm too stressed I can't think straight.

Comment

Yes I saw that and I totally agree with you. They are not the same thing. I guess I just can't help but stress over it. It's literally been ruining my life.

I'll just keep waiting and if I don't get it by next Friday, I'll call the customer service again and ask them to resend it...

Comment

Oh and by the way we hired a lawyer right after we got married since we thought it would be the best thing to do and she'd do it proper way. Because of her negligence my case fell through the cracks and nothing was sent to USCIS. So unless I'm in removal proceedings and need to see the judge, I'm not planning to hire a lawyer again.

Comment

Bank draft was state dated meaning expired after 6-12months and no longer valid

Comment

That's about what I expected. One has to look carefully at "collected funds" instruments to see the requirements. Some money orders are good for 2 years, but I've seen "6-month" disclaimers on bank checks/certified checks before.

Despite what Claudia suggests, this problem is hardly anything requiring service of an attorney.

--Ray B

Originally posted by point View Post
                          Bank draft was state dated meaning expired after 6-12months and no longer valid
                          - - - Updated - - -

Worried wife,

USCIS cannot "resend" a rejected package. If they sent back the whole package, they no longer have the package. You're stressing over this prematurely. Nobody from ICE or USCIS is going to come looking for you. As suggested by the last poster, your bank check was only good for six months, so you need to consider recouping the money you paid for the $1,490 bank check.

The worst that can happen to you is having to get a new check, recreating your package, which should have been all photocopies, except for signed forms, and submitting again.

--Ray B

Yes I saw that and I totally agree with you. They are not the same thing. I guess I just can't help but stress over it. It's literally been ruining my life.

I'll just keep waiting and if I don't get it by next Friday, I'll call the customer service again and ask them to resend it...

Comment

Ray,

I know. I'm trying so hard not to. When I got back from work today I saw the mailman and got excited but the letter wander there.

I really hope we can get a refund from that money order because we moved to a different state after that. And the same bank is not in the state we currently reside in.

Comment

Update: we got the rejection letter from USCIS and the reason of the rejection is because the money order is from 2 years ago. That was a huge relief. Thanks everyone.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X