Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa Renewal Question - Need URGENT HELP

Hi,

I work for a large MNC (> 30,000 people) for past 8 years in manufacturing industry.

I worked in the USA on L1B visa for two years from 2011-2013(while having my visa for three years which expired last month). I have been asked to go back on the same position and I have already applied with interview scheduled on coming Wednesday. I submitted my DS160 before I got my petition documents. While going thru the documents I found couple of issues which are a bit of concern:

(i) In the reference letter, the US HR has stated that they would like to employ me for another two years and I will be on assignment to XYZ (which is a subsidiary of our company). However in the I797 they have not enclosed the page describing the relation. I am worried if the consulate would think that I am working for a client. Is it a cause of concern? (I have already asked the attorney to provide me with the relevant portion of I797).

(ii) While submitting my DS160 I submitted my wages as 103000 USD/year while on the petition it is mentioned as 102000 USD. My actual salary would be much higher due to bonuses and allowances (based on my previous experience). Is this discrepancy in salary figures is a concern?

(iii) I also mentioned in the DS160 that I am supporting nine clients in Asia Pacific while on my current role while the HR letter says that I am supporting eight client. Any concern?

Please advise as am getting a bit worried.

Thanks

Originally posted by DWD9171 View Post
    Hi,

I work for a large MNC (> 30,000 people) for past 8 years in manufacturing industry.

I worked in the USA on L1B visa for two years from 2011-2013(while having my visa for three years which expired last month). I have been asked to go back on the same position and I have already applied with interview scheduled on coming Wednesday. I submitted my DS160 before I got my petition documents. While going thru the documents I found couple of issues which are a bit of concern:

(i) In the reference letter, the US HR has stated that they would like to employ me for another two years and I will be on assignment to XYZ (which is a subsidiary of our company). However in the I797 they have not enclosed the page describing the relation. I am worried if the consulate would think that I am working for a client. Is it a cause of concern? (I have already asked the attorney to provide me with the relevant portion of I797).

(ii) While submitting my DS160 I submitted my wages as 103000 USD/year while on the petition it is mentioned as 102000 USD. My actual salary would be much higher due to bonuses and allowances (based on my previous experience). Is this discrepancy in salary figures is a concern?

(iii) I also mentioned in the DS160 that I am supporting nine clients in Asia Pacific while on my current role while the HR letter says that I am supporting eight client. Any concern?

Please advise as am getting a bit worried.

Thanks
    I believe you can still update DS160 before interview and make it in sync with petition/I797.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X