Question regarding H1B transfer from India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding H1B transfer from India

I have stamped H1B visa valid till Aug 2016. I am an Indian citizen and currently in India. I never got an opportunity to travel to US. H1B was sponsored by my current employer "A".

My question is

1) if I transfer my visa to an employer B from India who is ready to provide me employment in US and once transfer is approved, can I still travel to US from my parent company "A' (petition of company A)?

2) If I start H1B transfer to employer B and while it is in process. Meantime I get an opportunity to travel to US from company A, can I travel from company A?

Waiting eagerly to get an answer from somebody.

Originally posted by ethans View Post
    I have stamped H1B visa valid till Aug 2016. I am an Indian citizen and currently in India. I never got an opportunity to travel to US. H1B was sponsored by my current employer "A".

My question is

1) if I transfer my visa to an employer B from India who is ready to provide me employment in US and once transfer is approved, can I still travel to US from my parent company "A' (petition of company A)?

2) If I start H1B transfer to employer B and while it is in process. Meantime I get an opportunity to travel to US from company A, can I travel from company A?

Waiting eagerly to get an answer from somebody.
    Visa and Petition are two different things. You cannot travel on A's petition, and work for B. You can travel with B's petition even if you have the visa stamped with A's name on it.

1. Yes, but you would need the approved B's petition.
    2. Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Visa and Petition are two different things. You cannot travel on A's petition, and work for B. You can travel with B's petition even if you have the visa stamped with A's name on it.

1. Yes, but you would need the approved B's petition.
      2. Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks Raghvi,so just to clarify myself further, Can I travel from A itself (with petition of A) when I had transferred my visa to employer B in India and petition is approved from B? I mean to say when I have transferred my visa to B and then employer A also gives me chance to work in U.S. and travel. Can I then travel from employer A when my visa was transferred to employer B?
      Last edited by ethans; 04-06-2014, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Question regarding H1B transfer from India

Yes, it is possible before the company A stamped visa expiry date.

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X