Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC_2014 View Post
    Hi swathimohan

Even I had sent my kids pictures two weeks ago to BLS NY . The status still shows under process. I also did email Mr Shetty to find out if the process has resumed as I am unable to reach BLS through phones or emails. I had also created an escalation ticket one week ago, no reply to that either.

Mr Shetty was kind enough to reply back saying that there is no change in the status. To expedite , contact BLS.

I don't know how long it is going to take BLS to just upload the new pictures.

Hope some updates come sooner.

Thanks
    KC
    Hi swathimohan and KC

I read everywhere there is lots of backorder at BLS NY (2-3 weeks). May be that’s reason your status is not updating. If you Google it you will find several post.

Is it possible can you tell me why your previous picture was rejected? I personally submitted my application at BLS Toronto Canada and guy verified my all documents and picture and signature with old Indian passport and new Canadian passport so I don’t think it will be issue for me. So now I think that was big advantage to submit personally at BLS. Ya I also missing proof of address which was nowhere in mention in checklist. So I make photocopy of driver license at BLS and submitted at the same time.
    Last edited by rajesh1970; 04-29-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Hi Rajesh,

I am not sure why my wife's pictures were rejected. I suppose it might have to do with the scarf she was wearing around her neck. My son and my pictures were taken along with her with the same background and they were accepted. I suspect the scarf to be the reason.

I mailed in new set of pictures and they should have reached earlier today. Will update the status as I hear something.

Best,
      Pratap

Originally posted by rajesh1970 View Post
      Hi Pratap, Mohan and KC

Can you update your status please? I think I am same boat as you all. May I know what was wrong with earlier picture?
      I got acknowledgment number on April 2 and after that it only saw "under process". So it looks like I have picture issue. My son picture was red and white shirt with white background. So I suspect that.

Comment

Originally posted by pratap View Post
        Hi Rajesh,

I am not sure why my wife's pictures were rejected. I suppose it might have to do with the scarf she was wearing around her neck. My son and my pictures were taken along with her with the same background and they were accepted. I suspect the scarf to be the reason.

I mailed in new set of pictures and they should have reached earlier today. Will update the status as I hear something.

Best,
        Pratap
        Thanks Pratap,

Mine picture are also with white background. So now I feel relief after seeing your post that they approved white background. Good luck for your wife OCI.

Comment

Hi KC,

Did you check the status of your kids applications on the BLS website. I mailed in my wife's pictures which reached on 4/29. When I went in to check the status on the BLS site, it shows the following note posted on 4/30:

"You will need to send a new part a. pictures just by themselves are not enough. refill part a and send it in."

This is really irritating. I know you have been waiting on this process to be done for many days like me. Please check the BLS site to see if there are any notes.

Best,

Originally posted by KC_2014 View Post
          Hi swathimohan

Even I had sent my kids pictures two weeks ago to BLS NY . The status still shows under process. I also did email Mr Shetty to find out if the process has resumed as I am unable to reach BLS through phones or emails. I had also created an escalation ticket one week ago, no reply to that either.

Mr Shetty was kind enough to reply back saying that there is no change in the status. To expedite , contact BLS.

I don't know how long it is going to take BLS to just upload the new pictures.

Hope some updates come sooner.

Thanks
          KC

Comment

Hello Guys,

I am in the same boat. Sent app for me, my son and wife on Feb 1. BLS received on 2nd but opened on 14th. Mine and Son's OCI approved on Gov website in middle march but wife's was pending. No emails, communications, no response to escalation from BLS. Finally sent email to Mr Shettty last week. He was nice and let me know that my wife's app is rejected due to picture. We have gotten the pictures from same photographer, so really could not find the reason for rejection. Emailed Mr Shetty again and he was quick and nice to let me know that my wife's picture need to be a bit brighter. Now in the process to figure out what to send and where.So watching this thread closely. Quite frustrating!

Thanks Raky

Comment

Originally posted by pratap View Post
              Hi KC,

Did you check the status of your kids applications on the BLS website. I mailed in my wife's pictures which reached on 4/29. When I went in to check the status on the BLS site, it shows the following note posted on 4/30:

"You will need to send a new part a. pictures just by themselves are not enough. refill part a and send it in."

This is really irritating. I know you have been waiting on this process to be done for many days like me. Please check the BLS site to see if there are any notes.

Best,
              Hi Pratap,

Be careful. If you refill part A, then your application reference number will change. May be you have to reprint Part A which you filled up first time and attached new picture. I am new guy and I don't know any process at all. I follow this thread closely as other guy Raky801. May be try to emailed Mr Shetty
              Last edited by rajesh1970; 05-01-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for pointing me about the issue with re-filling out Part A. In fact I was worried about the same. I have created an escalated ticket with BLS seeking clarification. My wife's application on the passport.gov.in site kept showing "Under Review" since middle of March. I finally contacted Mr. BN Shetty early April. He was the one who informed me that the pictures were not accepted by their system and I had to resend the pictures to the consulate which I finally did last Friday.

This has been such a ridiculous experience. Please check the BLS site for notes when you check the application status. These notes do not get emailed unfortunately.

Best,
                Pratap

Originally posted by rajesh1970 View Post
                Hi Pratap,

Be careful. If you refill part A, then your application reference number will change. May be you have to reprint Part A which you filled up first time and attached new picture. I am new guy and I don't know any process at all. I follow this thread closely as other guy Raky801. May be try to emailed Mr Shetty

Comment

Hi Guys,

Still figuring out how to send the new picture and so far below were my thoughts.

Reprint Part A of application.
                  Attach photograph and sign.
                  Print and attach BLS order number.
                  Print and attach email from Mr Shetty.
                  Make two copies of above and send to BLS.

For CGI NY I don't see any information what to do. They are referring to BLS for any thing.
                  Also saw below at this website.. which kind of indicates the need to refill form which itself may lead to new issues as new reference number will be generated.

https:///oci-card/procedure-granting...ation-oci.html

Thanks and Regards
                  Raky801

Comment

Hi Paratp.. is there any update from you.. how did you finally send the picture.. reprinted form A or refilled form A?

KC and Mohan any updates from you..

Tried getting info from BLS and CGI but no luck..

Comment

OCI Application (New or Re-issue due to passport) - Photo/Picture/Signature Rejected

I had similar case of "picture/Signature rejection" status provided by nice person "Shatty" from "OCI Delhi, India" and submitted as email with below option..

Some info:
                      - This is between consulates (OCI) in USA and India so Third party "Cox and Kings" will not help you..
                      - No need to refill Application of Part A/B as OCI is already Granted and "Photo/Signature" Rejection.
                      - No need to reprint Application of submitted OCI.

First - Get new picture/photo with phone or camera and using "http://www.idphoto4you.com/" make passport size picture (Single) 300 dpi file with bright light or white background.. Now you have JPEG file. Follow PHOTO guideline - http://www.in.ckgs.us/resources/pdf/...structions.pdf

Second - Get passport size picture of above image on photo paper to mail for mail option.

Important: Two way you can submit to OCI consulate in your region:
                      ===================================================

Mail:
                      1. Get blank white 8"x11" paper - put all details of OCI application#, ACK#, File#, name, US passport#, and signature of person of OCI and attach new photo on paper too.
                      2. Put copy of email of status from OCI Delhi, India
                      2. Mail this to "OCI UNIT" of your region Consulate.

OR:

Email:
                      1. Scan above prepared paper with photo and signature to one PDF file.
                      2. Compose email to "OCI@<your consulate>.com, copy to you and see if you can make "read receipt acknowledgement", with following format:
                      3. "To whom It May Concern" - Put name, OCI applicatio#, ACK#, File#, Name, US passport#.
                      4. Attach "OCI status" from Delhi, India as PDF.
                      5. Attach Scan paper from step#1 as PDF.
                      6. Attach JPEG of new photo created as above using "http://www.idphoto4you.com/".

This should fix issues with Photos and/or signature rejection

Comment

Thanks for sharing herbpat. Will try your suggestions. Any news from other members affected by this.

On my end I sent numerous emails to BLS and CGINY with no response. Finally sent pict to CKGS which they received two weeks back but no tracking or update. Sent email asking did they forward my pict to CGINY and I got below reply, which does not make sense as OCI first has to be approved ('under process' at MEA website), then matched and then pick up will happen.

"Your OCI application has been received at the New York application center. You may collect it from the below address between 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Monday to Friday)"

Thx, raky801

Comment

Finally got the OCI card. Below is timeline and steps I have to go thru.

Applied in Feb, got approved for 2 family members. 3rd no news from BLS. 2 months later sent email to Dr Shetty and came to know about picture rejection. Sent numerous emails to BLS and some to Consulate, but no reply. Finally sent new pictures and print out of previously filled form A (prob not reqd) to CKGS on Jun 11. They received in 4 days and promptly forwarded to NYC CGI. Two weeks no update on OCI website and no meaningful response from CKGS (just copy paste texts) , sent email to Dr Shetty again. He told picture received and due to the previous delays he will request expediated printing of OCI card. OCI recd by CGINYC on Jul 3. Went to CGINYC on Jul 8. They accpet USPP for U Visa between 9:30 and around 11:00. Not many people in OCI line. They said you can collect at between 12 and 12:30. Finally got all PPS around 1:00 PM.

Thanks to Dr Shetty for all the help. So so opinion about CKGS. BLS.. dont have the words to explain thinking about them.
                          Finally!

Comment

Photo objection

HI
                            Thank all for the valuable notes.
                            I have applied OCI for my minor son in May 28. After 45 days i received a mail stating that Photo Objection and needs to send new photo.

Yesterday i have sent new photo with name and passport no back side
                            along with e-mail printout and cover-letter having all details.

Hope CKGS forward timely to consulate...!

Thanks

Comment

OCI Application - Thumb print rejected, please help!

Hi,

I applied for OCI application two weeks ago for my 20 month old son. Last week, I received an email saying that "NEED TO RE UPLOAD THUMB PRINT AGAIN AND IT MUST BE CLEAR WHITE BACKGROUND PLEASE PRINT OUT THE APPLICATION AND SEND AS A PDF FILE. THUMB PRINT STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE." I took the thumb print on a blank white paper, then took a picture (jpeg) using cell phone, and used MS Paint to re-format to the necessary size requirement (1:3 aspect ratio, 600 pixels x 200 pixels). I honestly don't understand why it got rejected, but anyways, I repeated the same process and re-uploaded another thumb print and sent the OCI application in the pdf format. And I received the exact same message again this morning. This time, I called the CKGS Chicago center to ask them what was wrong with the current thumb print, and none of the representatives seem to have an answer. They just repeated the message and are asking me to re-upload the thumb print. I can do it again, but w/o knowing what I'm doing wrong, the chances are I will receive the same email next week too.

So, has anyone in this group had success in uploading a thumb print image? If yes, can you please tell me how you have done it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X