Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI application - Picture rejected. Please help

Hi all,

I had applied for OCI cards for my wife, son and me early Feb. My son's and my application received an email for OCI passport match up last Friday. On my wife's status on the GOI site, it continues to state that the application is "Under Review". I emailed Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI inquiring about my wife's application status. Earlier today I received a reply stating that my wife's application is on hold as the picture was rejected. The person also included a screen shot of the their system displaying my wife's application details and showing "Documents Printed Status: OBJECTION" and "Photo/Signature Approval : REJECTED".

This person asked me to print a status report of my wife's application and send new photos along with it to consulate to resume the process. But the issue is that on the passport.gov/in website, the status continues to show "Under Process" and we have received no notification about requesting new Photos for my wife.

I am little lost on what I would need to be doing now. Any suggestions or anyone with similar issue please share your experience.

Thanks,
    Pratap

Same boat. OCI Picture rejected, what are the next steps.

Originally posted by pratap View Post
    Hi all,

I had applied for OCI cards for my wife, son and me early Feb. My son's and my application received an email for OCI passport match up last Friday. On my wife's status on the GOI site, it continues to state that the application is "Under Review". I emailed Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI inquiring about my wife's application status. Earlier today I received a reply stating that my wife's application is on hold as the picture was rejected. The person also included a screen shot of the their system displaying my wife's application details and showing "Documents Printed Status: OBJECTION" and "Photo/Signature Approval : REJECTED".

This person asked me to print a status report of my wife's application and send new photos along with it to consulate to resume the process. But the issue is that on the passport.gov/in website, the status continues to show "Under Process" and we have received no notification about requesting new Photos for my wife.

I am little lost on what I would need to be doing now. Any suggestions or anyone with similar issue please share your experience.

Thanks,
    Pratap
    Dear Pratap,

We are in exactly the same boat. The passport.gov.in/status page still shows "under process" I emailed both CGI, NY and Govt of India. I did get a very helpful reply from Mr. B.N. Shetty(as mentioned in contact us at http://passport.gov.in/oci/) from the Govt of India, with the info that photo was rejected and the screen shot of it from their internal tools. As you said the status inquiry I see under http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury however still shows "under process". What did you do next? I am planning to send a new photo to both BLS and CGI, NY with a copy of the OCI application form, and the BLS order form along with the printed copy of the "photo rejected" screenshot that the good gentleman emailed me. If you have better suggestions that will be really helpful. Thanks.

Mohan
    Last edited by swathimohan; 04-14-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Which email address did you send the mail to to check the status ?

I had send my kids application in the month of February too and it has been saying under process since then, and have not heard from them regarding it. I am worried too now if anything is wrong.

Thanks
      KC

Comment

Originally posted by KC_2014 View Post
        Which email address did you send the mail to to check the status ?

I had send my kids application in the month of February too and it has been saying under process since then, and have not heard from them regarding it. I am worried too now if anything is wrong.

Thanks
        KC
        shettybn[at]nic.in It shows up on http://passport.gov.in/oci/ under "contact us" (I mentioned this on my earlier post)

Comment

Hi Mohan,

I emailed Mr. Shetty explaining that the status report on passport.gov.in continues to state that the application is "Under Process". He asked me to print the email and send the new pictures to the consulate. I am not sure at this point, if we need to mail the new pictures to BLS or to the consulate.

I had called BLS at Chicago about two weeks back before I emailed Mr. Shetty and got to talk to the service rep there and explained the issue. She basically said, the status on the passport.gov site is what they go by. If it states, under review then that's what the status should be. I tried calling BLS again twice last week but I have not been able to reach them. I am planning on mailing out the pictures with the copy of Mr. Shetty's email and a letter explaining the situation. I hope they would process it.

I was hoping we could have had some inputs from folks who went through this same issues as we are experiencing. Let me know if you have any updates. Will keep you posted.

best,
          Pratap

Originally posted by swathimohan View Post
          Dear Pratap,

We are in exactly the same boat. The passport.gov.in/status page still shows "under process" I emailed both CGI, NY and Govt of India. I did get a very helpful reply from Mr. B.N. Shetty(as mentioned in contact us at http://passport.gov.in/oci/) from the Govt of India, with the info that photo was rejected and the screen shot of it from their internal tools. As you said the status inquiry I see under http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury however still shows "under process". What did you do next? I am planning to send a new photo to both BLS and CGI, NY with a copy of the OCI application form, and the BLS order form along with the printed copy of the "photo rejected" screenshot that the good gentleman emailed me. If you have better suggestions that will be really helpful. Thanks.

Mohan

Comment

Hello

I also emailed Mr Shetty after reading this post and my kids pictures got rejected. Can someone here please let me know what all additional documents did you send along with the new pictures ?

The status page for me also says "under process" . Did you send it to BLS or consulate directly? I have emailed Mr Shetty again with the document question as I cannot get hold of anyone in the BLS New York office.

Please any help is appreciated

KC

Originally posted by pratap View Post
            Hi Mohan,

I emailed Mr. Shetty explaining that the status report on passport.gov.in continues to state that the application is "Under Process". He asked me to print the email and send the new pictures to the consulate. I am not sure at this point, if we need to mail the new pictures to BLS or to the consulate.

I had called BLS at Chicago about two weeks back before I emailed Mr. Shetty and got to talk to the service rep there and explained the issue. She basically said, the status on the passport.gov site is what they go by. If it states, under review then that's what the status should be. I tried calling BLS again twice last week but I have not been able to reach them. I am planning on mailing out the pictures with the copy of Mr. Shetty's email and a letter explaining the situation. I hope they would process it.

I was hoping we could have had some inputs from folks who went through this same issues as we are experiencing. Let me know if you have any updates. Will keep you posted.

best,
            Pratap

Comment

Hi Mohan,

Yesterday evening I created an escalated ticket on BLS website explaining the situation including the communication with Mr. Shetty and requesting directions on process for sending new pictures and any other additional documents to BLS. Below is their reply.

"Mail in the pictures to BLS along with a cover letter explaining the situation and we will forward the information to the consulate."

I will go ahead and mail new set of pictures along with an explanation of the situation. I hope it works.

best,
              Pratap

Hello

I also emailed Mr Shetty after reading this post and my kids pictures got rejected. Can someone here please let me know what all additional documents did you send along with the new pictures ?

The status page for me also says "under process" . Did you send it to BLS or consulate directly? I have emailed Mr Shetty again with the document question as I cannot get hold of anyone in the BLS New York office.

Please any help is appreciated

KC

Comment

Hi

I am also sending my kids new pictures , cover letter and the email print that Mr Shetty had sent me. I was wondering if anyone of you did attach the shipping label that comes with each applicant on the envelope.

I am planning to send it tomorrow so they can get it by Thursday and Friday, BLS will be closed.

Thanks in advance

KC

Comment

Hi

Good morning

Did anyone of you see any status change after you sent in the new pictures? I sent my kids pictures on Wednesday and it reached BLS on thursday but not any change yet. Do you know how much time does it take for any status change?

Please any help is appreciated.

Comment

Hi all

Did you get any status change after sending new pictures ? I send my kids pictures last Thursday and I have not seen any status change.

Please can someone let me know how much time does it take to reflect on your status page ?

KC

Comment

Hi,

I received an email from BLS last week stating that they received my processed US Passport along with the OCI card but they were holding off as they are waiting for my wife's application to be processed. On the BLS site, they left a note stating that if I need them to mail my passport then I would need to send out an email to an address that was provided along with $15 check to return my wife's passport when they receive it.

I sent out the email requesting them to go ahead and mail my processed passport and inquiring about the process for sending the $15 check. They replied that they are currently changing the process from using FedEx to UPS as their courier service and asked me to wait till this week for further directions. I am waiting on their email for now to mail out the new pictures.

best,

Hi all

Did you get any status change after sending new pictures ? I send my kids pictures last Thursday and I have not seen any status change.

Please can someone let me know how much time does it take to reflect on your status page ?

KC

Comment

[
                        Last edited by rajesh1970; 04-28-2014, 09:10 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Hi Pratap, Mohan and KC

Can you update your status please? I think I am same boat as you all. May I know what was wrong with earlier picture?
                          I got acknowledgment number on April 2 and after that it only saw "under process". So it looks like I have picture issue. My son picture was red and white shirt with white background. So I suspect that.

Comment

We sent new photos to BLS via FedEx and FedEx tracking says it was delivered on April 16. Since then there has been no status change. We are unable to reach anybody at BLS or CGI, NY. The passport.gov.in/oci status inquiry still shows "under-process". It has been over 2 weeks now. We are getting a bit anxious. Has anybody had any new development to report? Thanks.

Mohan

Comment

Hi swathimohan

Even I had sent my kids pictures two weeks ago to BLS NY . The status still shows under process. I also did email Mr Shetty to find out if the process has resumed as I am unable to reach BLS through phones or emails. I had also created an escalation ticket one week ago, no reply to that either.

Mr Shetty was kind enough to reply back saying that there is no change in the status. To expedite , contact BLS.

I don't know how long it is going to take BLS to just upload the new pictures.

Hope some updates come sooner.

Thanks
                              KC

Originally posted by swathimohan View Post
                              We sent new photos to BLS via FedEx and FedEx tracking says it was delivered on April 16. Since then there has been no status change. We are unable to reach anybody at BLS or CGI, NY. The passport.gov.in/oci status inquiry still shows "under-process". It has been over 2 weeks now. We are getting a bit anxious. Has anybody had any new development to report? Thanks.

Mohan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X