Medical emergency while on B1 trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical emergency while on B1 trip

Hi.I came to US on a B1 trip and had an ICICI Lombard travel insurance. During the trip, I got stones pain for the first time in my life, and had to call ambulance. During the visit to hospital, I gave them my ICICI Lombard insurance details and hotel address and after treatment I went back to India.
    Now when I came to US after 3 months and stayed in the same hotel, I got a letter from collection agency for the medical bill, saying that if I do not pay, my credit rating will go down. Since I have just a BV, I dont think I worry too much about credit rating. But my H1B processing is also in progress. Ideally ICICI should have paid the entire amount. So, if I do not pay this, what are the implications? Thank you.

It is the best to go ahead and pay that bill. And by now, you would have already realized that you should buy the insurance from the US based company and not Indian company.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      It is the best to go ahead and pay that bill. And by now, you would have already realized that you should buy the insurance from the US based company and not Indian company.
      This insurance is procured by my company and that's the standard insurance that they do for all the employees that go abroad, whether US or other places.

Again, its almost $1000 just for a minor check up. What risks do I run by not paying this money?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X