Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Certificate Question

Hello,

My K1 application is approved and is now at embassy of her country. She is trying to complete all the checklist and schedule an interview, hopefully within a month or two.

One question we have is the Police Certificate. It says:

"You must obtain a police certificate from your country of nationality and the country of your current residence if your presence there was for 6 months or more after age 16. Police certificates from other countries are also required if your stay was for 12 months or more after age 16."

She has lived in USA for more than 10 years from 1999 to 2013. She has then moved back to her country about 8 months ago. Does she need to get two police certificate? one from her country and USA? If USA police certificate is required, how does she obtain one? She's not in USA anymore, is this something I can somehow apply for her and get it to my home address? Or does she only need to obtain one (from her country) since she'll be moving to USA?

Can someone explain/answer for me? Thank you!

You can arrange for an FBI criminal records check. Go to the following link for application information:

-Ray B

Originally posted by jiwonstr View Post
    Hello,

My K1 application is approved and is now at embassy of her country. She is trying to complete all the checklist and schedule an interview, hopefully within a month or two.

One question we have is the Police Certificate. It says:

"You must obtain a police certificate from your country of nationality and the country of your current residence if your presence there was for 6 months or more after age 16. Police certificates from other countries are also required if your stay was for 12 months or more after age 16."

She has lived in USA for more than 10 years from 1999 to 2013. She has then moved back to her country about 8 months ago. Does she need to get two police certificate? one from her country and USA? If USA police certificate is required, how does she obtain one? She's not in USA anymore, is this something I can somehow apply for her and get it to my home address? Or does she only need to obtain one (from her country) since she'll be moving to USA?

Can someone explain/answer for me? Thank you!

Comment

Your fiancee will need a UK police clearance, and she can apply for an FBI clearance, but she has to be the signed applicant for the FBI clearance.

--Ray B

Originally posted by fifalove
      I can somehow apply for her and get it to my home address? Or does she only need to obtain one (from her country) since she'll be moving to USA?buy **** 14 coins
      **** coins

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X