Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUI conviction in China while holding F1

Hi,
    I was so worried about my situation right now. Plzzzzz help me. I am from China and went college in the US. During the summer break of my 3rd year college, I was arrested in Beijing due to DUI conviction. I stayed out of the college for one semester. After the arrest, I was so worried about how to answer the question " have you ever been arrested ....." I consulted some friends and senior people. They suggested me to say no on that question considering I really need to come back school on time. I have been studying in the US for three yrs. I really don't want to be rejected by the US embassy and gave up my college without a diploma. Fortunately, the US embassy did not find out my record. I was able to enter and renter the US within one year after of my conviction. I finally finished my school and got my diploma. Here is my problem. I m planning to continue master degree in the US this fall. I need to get a interview to get a new visa. I don't know how to answer the " have you ever been arrested question" I m not sure why the US embassy did not find out my record. Maybe there' is a lead time to update the records or the US can not access to Chinese national criminal record. What should I do? Even I said yes this time, the officer would still refuse me because I was lying before. And I know lie to the office could cause a permanent inegibility to US. What should I do. Thanks guys.

DUI in India

I got a DUI in INDIA after I got an F1 visa, for which i had to go to the court and pay a fine and was let off
    Now the real question, I completed one year of masters from US and now back home in india
    I'm getting worried that DUI in INDIA will haunt me forever, will it anyway effect me in my H1B and green card process?
    Please let me know if you have any idea?
    thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X