Entering USA after more then 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering USA after more then 6 months

So I am entering USA in mid july. I left in mid-december just after i got my greencard. That makes it around 7 months out of USA. I am in a med school in India had to leave the country. This is the first time i will be entering USA after getting my GC. So do i need to be worried? Or will it be okay as its the first time and i m just over the 6 months mark?
    I do have my SSN, Selective Service Card, Bank Account,Credit card all on my name registered to an american address and my parents have been in USA too since november.
    I guess i should be fine? Anything on the topic would be appreciated!

Originally posted by Abhinavp View Post
    So I am entering USA in mid july. I left in mid-december just after i got my greencard. That makes it around 7 months out of USA. I am in a med school in India had to leave the country. This is the first time i will be entering USA after getting my GC. So do i need to be worried? Or will it be okay as its the first time and i m just over the 6 months mark?
    I do have my SSN, Selective Service Card, Bank Account,Credit card all on my name registered to an american address and my parents have been in USA too since november.
    I guess i should be fine? Anything on the topic would be appreciated!
    You should be fine. The CBP agent might ask you a few questions, but if you can prove you are attending school abroad only temporarily, this should be easier. Worst case scenario, I think: the CBP agent will advise you to apply for a reentry permit before leaving.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X