Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding L1A and Green Card in 140 stage

Hi,

I am having L1A VISA which is going to get expired in August 2014(completing L1A tenure of 7 years by Aug 2014).
    I have applied for Green card and my I-140 is approved.
    I cannot apply for I-485 as my priority date has not yet came.

Can I apply for my L1A VISA extension based on my I-140 approval? Please clarify.

Thanks.

Regarding L1A and Green Card in 140 stage

When did you apply for i140 and when was it approved? How long did it take and in what category?

Comment

Originally posted by point View Post
      When did you apply for i140 and when was it approved? How long did it take and in what category?
      I assume it wasnt applied in EB1 Category. L1A cannot be extended beyond 7th Year physical stay limit.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by point View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

I applied I-140 around 6 months back and got approved in this month - April 2014. I applied in EB2 category.

Comment

You should have planned to move to H1 at the earliest. Under EB2 you are looking at another 8 -10 Years of wait. As I said you cannot extend L1A beyond 7th year Stay completion irrespective of your I140 stage, only H1s are allowed to be extended.

Now, once you complete 7 Years physical stay in US you would have to leave US for at least 1 Year in order to be eligible for fresh H1 or L1.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            You should have planned to move to H1 at the earliest. Under EB2 you are looking at another 8 -10 Years of wait. As I said you cannot extend L1A beyond 7th year Stay completion irrespective of your I140 stage, only H1s are allowed to be extended.

Now, once you complete 7 Years physical stay in US you would have to leave US for at least 1 Year in order to be eligible for fresh H1 or L1.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X