green card interview and 221 (g) hold status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card interview and 221 (g) hold status

Hi folks, my parents got interviewed in the US embassy in Georgia. They got 221g hold status by the embassy. The told us some applicants need further administrative processing which takes 60 days. But it has pass more than 120 days after they said that. Now when we ask any question about updates, they just reply only this message:

Thank you for your email. Your case is still under 221g status. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case.

Since this amount of time has already passed on this case, we verified that all required action from our office has been taken and the case is currently pending. At this point, no further action can be taken until the administrative process is complete.

Best Regards,
    Consular Section

Who has experience about this kinda problem? Please help us if you have any information!

Thanks!

Isbandiyar

From what I've been told adminstrative processing can take any where from 0 days up to a few years. My father-in-law case is pending administrative processing for 17 months and when we ask the Ankara US Consulate they just say to keep checking the website.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X