Familypetition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Familypetition

My parents have previously applied for the amnesty of 1986 on 2005 but their case was denied. But soon I'll apply to become a US citizen in which I would like to petition both of them.. My question is : what is the procedure they have to follow in order to adjust their status since they have already tried but were denied? Would they have to pay an extra fee or not? Could I petition them at the same time I'm filling for my citizenship or do it after?

Originally posted by oma25 View Post
    My parents have previously applied for the amnesty of 1986 on 2005 but their case was denied. But soon I'll apply to become a US citizen in which I would like to petition both of them.. My question is : what is the procedure they have to follow in order to adjust their status since they have already tried but were denied? Would they have to pay an extra fee or not? Could I petition them at the same time I'm filling for my citizenship or do it after?
    You might want to talk to an attorney about the amnesty denial. I don't think it'll be a big issue, but having an attorney confirm it might be better. Also, you can't petition for your parents for their green card until you become a U.S. citizen.

Cheers,
    Jackie

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X