Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 dependent

Hi,
    My girlfriend just got an PhD offer. Am presently working in an Indian university. We would like to get married and I would like to accompany her to US (leaving my job).

We should probably get married in a register office and could have only few friends (am not sure how the marriage album will look that we need to show during visa processes). Will it look doggy and the F2 visa might get rejected?

Now the case is 1. am a bit scared how to pass on those formalities to get that visa?
    2. Being an F2 dependent I cant work, but am confident i might get a PhD too if i apply. But still can i get any unskilled job during the wait time?

suggest me if the above is a good idea or do u have any thoughts?

P.S. I should stay with my girlfriend

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. If you are going as her F-2 dependent, she will need to show funds that support both of you and the I-20 must reflect the fact. You cannot work on an F-2 but showing that you have plans to study is a great idea. Tell them if asked that you are undecided. Also, I suggest taking leave of absence from job rather than resigning which will demonstrate ties. Marriage album evidence requirement is a myth. The registrar signature is the final ruling under Hindu Marriages Act 1955 and all foreign consulate posts must honor that document even if there was only one witness.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X