Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition filed but not applied for VISA

Hi,

In 2008 a H1 B petition was filed on my behalf. It got picked in lottery and was approved, but owing to the economic climate of those years I chose not to apply for a visa or pursue this opportunity further. I have the LIN number. Is there any possibility to use this petition now. If so can this be transferred to an other employer. Can anyone please let me know what can or can't be done in this case.

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Aditya kakani

Petitions "die" if not acted upon in specific timeframes. You should first find out if the petition was approved and went to the National Visa Center, then contact the NVC for status and options for reactivating (which may have expired). If still at USCIS, you should at least inquire, based on receipt number, whether the petition can still be continued.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Adityakakani View Post
    Hi,

In 2008 a H1 B petition was filed on my behalf. It got picked in lottery and was approved, but owing to the economic climate of those years I chose not to apply for a visa or pursue this opportunity further. I have the LIN number. Is there any possibility to use this petition now. If so can this be transferred to an other employer. Can anyone please let me know what can or can't be done in this case.

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Aditya kakani

Comment

Can a approved H1 b petition which expired can be revived and used again.

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Petitions "die" if not acted upon in specific timeframes. You should first find out if the petition was approved and went to the National Visa Center, then contact the NVC for status and options for reactivating (which may have expired). If still at USCIS, you should at least inquire, based on receipt number, whether the petition can still be continued.

--Ray B
      Hi Ray B,
      Thank you for the response.

My petition was approved. Following is the status displayed in USCIS site.

On July 7, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. At the bottom of the page it shows
      OMB control no. 1615-0080

Expiration date 6-30-2012

Can this be revived, Should I contact the NVC.

Your time on this is much appreciated. Thank you again

Best,

Aditya kakani

Comment

Aditya,

You should contact USCIS and the NVC to ask if you have any options for reactivation. Your forwarded message shows that the petition had an expiration date of 6-30-2012, which doesn't bode well for future use of the approved petition.

I don't normally work with employment-based procedures, so I apologize for not being able to give you any better information.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Adityakakani View Post
        Hi Ray B,
        Thank you for the response.

My petition was approved. Following is the status displayed in USCIS site.

On July 7, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. At the bottom of the page it shows
        OMB control no. 1615-0080

Expiration date 6-30-2012

Can this be revived, Should I contact the NVC.

Your time on this is much appreciated. Thank you again

Best,

Aditya kakani

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X