Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 Blanket and Passport Validity question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Blanket and Passport Validity question?

Hi,
    I have below questions that I need help for -

1. My 3 year L1 blanket visa interview needs to be scheduled. The tentative joining date is mid May and my passport expires next year Mid July 2015. Would this be an issue for the visa application interview in May 2014? Passport authorities do not allow re-issue of passport until within 12 months of expiry i.e I can't apply before August 2014 (3 months away). I read conflicting things.. somewhere that passport expiry should be greater than or equal to intended length of stay and some other places, it says, should be valid for 1 year from date of intended arrival in USA.

2. Does Visa application center (VAC)/OFC person check passport validity/expiry and match with intended stay length in DS160?

3. Blanket L1 is accepted only in Chennai. Is it okay if I present docs and fingerprinting/photo at the Mumbai VAC/OFC and then go to Chennai for visa interview? Would this be a problem ?

4. My wife's passport is still not received from passport authority and hence I am not able to make her DS160 application. I read on Consulate website - Families SHOULD apply together even if travelling alone. Is this compulsory rule or can I apply for myself and then my wife can apply L2 dependent after my visa is received (hopefully by then her passport would have come in and we can save some time by this method).

Please do provide your answers based on your knowledge/experience at the earliest possible.

Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by prb; 04-16-2014, 09:28 AM.

Originally posted by prb View Post
    Hi,
    I have below questions that I need help for -

1. My 3 year L1 blanket visa interview needs to be scheduled. The tentative joining date is mid May and my passport expires next year Mid July 2015. Would this be an issue for the visa application interview in May 2014? Passport authorities do not allow re-issue of passport until within 12 months of expiry i.e I can't apply before August 2014 (3 months away). I read conflicting things.. somewhere that passport expiry should be greater than or equal to intended length of stay and some other places, it says, should be valid for 1 year from date of intended arrival in USA.

2. Does Visa application center (VAC)/OFC person check passport validity/expiry and match with intended stay length in DS160?

3. Blanket L1 is accepted only in Chennai. Is it okay if I present docs and fingerprinting/photo at the Mumbai VAC/OFC and then go to Chennai for visa interview? Would this be a problem ?

4. My wife's passport is still not received from passport authority and hence I am not able to make her DS160 application. I read on Consulate website - Families SHOULD apply together even if travelling alone. Is this compulsory rule or can I apply for myself and then my wife can apply L2 dependent after my visa is received (hopefully by then her passport would have come in and we can save some time by this method).

Please do provide your answers based on your knowledge/experience at the earliest possible.

Thanks for all the help.
    1. You can go ahead no issues.
    2. It wouldnt matter, unless the passport is very close to expiry they normally don't bother.
    3. I would suggest you do both in Chennai.
    4. I would suggest you both attend interview together.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. You can go ahead no issues.
      2. It wouldnt matter, unless the passport is very close to expiry they normally don't bother.
      3. I would suggest you do both in Chennai.
      4. I would suggest you both attend interview together.

Hi Raghvi,
      Thank you for your response.

any specific reason for your last point of both attending interview together. This is becoming difficult due to dependent passport being delayed. How will separate interviews make difference? please guide.

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by prb View Post
        Hi Raghvi,
        Thank you for your response.

any specific reason for your last point of both attending interview together. This is becoming difficult due to dependent passport being delayed. How will separate interviews make difference? please guide.

Thanks !
        No particular reason....its logistically going to be easier to schedule the interviews, travel, stay etc... if done together rather than finding slots separately.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X