Administrative Processing has taken 17 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Processing has taken 17 months

My father-in-law administrative processing has taken 17 months. My father-in-law is from Iran. He was in the military his entire career, specifically, the Iranian Army. He was a General in the Iranian Army. He retired from the Iranian Army almost 20 years ago. Both my father-in-law and mother-in-law applied for immigrant visa. My mother-in-law did not have any administrative processing so she has received her green card and she has been to the U.S. twice already. In 2010, both my mother-in-law and father-in-law applied for tourist visa and my father-in-law administrative processing was complete in 10 weeks. They both came to the U.S. with a tourist visa and went back to Iran after 2 months. They both have clear and easy cases, no problems, no legal issues, etc. I don't understand why it is taking so long for my father-in-law administrative processing to be complete. His interview was in December 2013. Everytime I ask Ankara Consulate they say to just keep checking the website. Approximately a few months ago Ankara contacted him and requested he send them a table with all of the years he was in the Iranian Army, his rank, his responsibility, and the number of soldiers that reported to him. This table was completed and sent to Ankara Consulate. When we ask if they need any more information they say No.

In my experience, with several Iranian clients and an Afghan military pilot who had trained in USSR, there is a high probability that your dad's paperwork has a political red flag. For an Iranian Naturalization applicant I helped, his processing took more than 18 months, while others who applied at the same time were approved in 6 months. No detailed explanation seems to be offered by USCIS for these kinds of delays.

The best you can do is to make periodic inquiries about status and whether you can provide any additional evidence.

--Ray B

Originally posted by afrasiyab View Post
    My father-in-law administrative processing has taken 17 months. My father-in-law is from Iran. He was in the military his entire career, specifically, the Iranian Army. He was a General in the Iranian Army. He retired from the Iranian Army almost 20 years ago. Both my father-in-law and mother-in-law applied for immigrant visa. My mother-in-law did not have any administrative processing so she has received her green card and she has been to the U.S. twice already. In 2010, both my mother-in-law and father-in-law applied for tourist visa and my father-in-law administrative processing was complete in 10 weeks. They both came to the U.S. with a tourist visa and went back to Iran after 2 months. They both have clear and easy cases, no problems, no legal issues, etc. I don't understand why it is taking so long for my father-in-law administrative processing to be complete. His interview was in December 2013. Everytime I ask Ankara Consulate they say to just keep checking the website. Approximately a few months ago Ankara contacted him and requested he send them a table with all of the years he was in the Iranian Army, his rank, his responsibility, and the number of soldiers that reported to him. This table was completed and sent to Ankara Consulate. When we ask if they need any more information they say No.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X