Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US L1-B Visa water damaged while in US

Hi,

My L1-B visa has sustained water damage, I am currently in US.
    Do I have to apply for a fresh Visa? If yes, will a new petition be required. Do I have to take the interview again and run the risk of getting rejected?

My I-94 and my passport are both expiring on Aug-2014, but my Visa is valid till Sep-2015.

Will I have problem trying to renew my passport here in US with a damaged Visa?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Arush

Originally posted by arush_3311 View Post
    Hi,

My L1-B visa has sustained water damage, I am currently in US.
    Do I have to apply for a fresh Visa? If yes, will a new petition be required. Do I have to take the interview again and run the risk of getting rejected?

My I-94 and my passport are both expiring on Aug-2014, but my Visa is valid till Sep-2015.

Will I have problem trying to renew my passport here in US with a damaged Visa?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Arush
    Passport(s)/visa(s) are not to be taken lightly, many get only a few in their lifetime.

It depends upon the extent of the damage. But if it indeed is bad then am afraid the only way to get a new visa stamp is to go for fresh stamping again.

You might not have a issue getting a new passport. But getting an extended I-94 may be an issue if yo dont get an extended I-94 then then you have to leave US and get a new L1 stamping done. Yes it will have chances of rejection.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

The damage is little...everything is legible except the photo has become a little blur.
      Is there any hope of salvaging anything out of it?
      If I do go for new Visa stamping, can the old petition be used in anyway or at least can be attached to the new one?

Getting L1-B stamped the first time was so out of luck....I don't think I am that lucky to get it stamped again

-Arush

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X