X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa - Travel

Hello Experts

If I get an L1 Visa
    (1) Is it required that I move permanently to USA?
    (2) Is it allowed to travel back-and-forth between USA and Canada/Mexico for the duration of the validity?
    (3) Can we make personal travels to USA (in addition to work related travel) or should we have a separate Visitor visa?

Originally posted by manianz47 View Post
    Hello Experts

If I get an L1 Visa
    (1) Is it required that I move permanently to USA?
    (2) Is it allowed to travel back-and-forth between USA and Canada/Mexico for the duration of the validity?
    (3) Can we make personal travels to USA (in addition to work related travel) or should we have a separate Visitor visa?
    1. Not necessary to permanently move to US. Just getting a L1 visa doesn't give you the right to permanently move to US.
    2. Yes you can go back and forth till the visa is valid and till you work for the L1 employer.
    3. If you enter US on L1 visa you should and must work with the L1 employer during your stay in US. During this stay you can take vacation from your employer depending upon your company's policy to visit places in US. But if you are planning to enter US for personal visit without working, then you should get a separate visitor visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for the details/response

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X