X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension Documents help Required

Hello Team,

Firstly Thank you for your help.

I have Received RFE for my VISA extension on 3rd February. I have been struggling with these documents since then.

Following Documents were asked:
    1. End Client Letter
    2. SOW
    3. Valid Contract

Following are the issues I am facing
    1. My Client Company does not provide any letter on Client Letterhead.
    ( A workaround I tried after reading couple of forums was to provide a letter on my OWN Company's letterhead. However my attorney is saying it has to be End Client Letter)

Could you please let me know how should I proceed in this scenario

2. SOW (Statement of Work)
    I work in a project which is TnM(Time and Material) Hence as per our Company Policy we don't have a SOW for such type of projects.
    (Only Fixed price projects have SOW which unfortunately is not my project)

Could you please let me know is there any other document I could submit.

Really appreciate your help in this matter as I have only few days left till I94 + 240 days period expires

Thanks!

H1B Extension Documents help Required

Actually had one more question .. In case I respond to RFE on time and my I94+ 240 days period expires but I still do not get any response from uscis . Do I have to leave USA ? Will I be able to come back in case it gets approved later ? Or my extension is scrapped when I leave the country

Comment

Hello Experts,

Could you please provide your valuable inputs!
      Thank you very much.

Comment

Well you can only provide what you have and hope for the best.

USCIS pretty much doesnt care if the end client or your employer has an internal policy of not providing a client letter/SOW or not. If they can hire you for your services, whats the harm in providing a letter for that.

Basically, all that USCIS is asking is genuine proof that you/your employer indeed have work for you for the duration of H1 requested for.

Also every contract has associated documentation with it with respect to terms and conditions, the same would be there between your employer and end client, your employer should be able to provide a copy of the same .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank your very much for your inputs!

I am trying to acquire the MSA(Master Service Agreement) document which would suffice as genuine proof that my employer has an ongoing Contract with my Client.
          I will update this thread once I file the RFE response and when I receive the actual result so that it would be helpful for individuals having similar problems.

Thanks for your guidance!

Comment

Originally posted by kulkarnipa21 View Post
            Hello Team,

Firstly Thank you for your help.

I have Received RFE for my VISA extension on 3rd February. I have been struggling with these documents since then.

Following Documents were asked:
            1. End Client Letter
            2. SOW
            3. Valid Contract

Following are the issues I am facing
            1. My Client Company does not provide any letter on Client Letterhead.
            ( A workaround I tried after reading couple of forums was to provide a letter on my OWN Company's letterhead. However my attorney is saying it has to be End Client Letter)

Could you please let me know how should I proceed in this scenario

2. SOW (Statement of Work)
            I work in a project which is TnM(Time and Material) Hence as per our Company Policy we don't have a SOW for such type of projects.
            (Only Fixed price projects have SOW which unfortunately is not my project)

Could you please let me know is there any other document I could submit.

Really appreciate your help in this matter as I have only few days left till I94 + 240 days period expires

Thanks!
            Did you get your RFE cleared? I am in the same boat as you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X