F1 visa stamping within 2 months of H4 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa stamping within 2 months of H4 stamping

I had my H4 visa stamped in Feb 2014 which is valid till March 2016(Prior to this I was working on L1B visa and have now resigned from my job).
    I have been now admitted into a reputed university for MBA program which would start in August 2014. Due to a family function I have to go back to my home country in July 2014 and I plan to use this visit to get my F1- visa stamped as university has now provided me the I-20 and SEVIS number. Do you see any issues in my case for F1 visa stamp here. Also if F1 visa is denied, will my H4 be also cancelled without prejudice
    Last edited by ss282014; 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM.

How about your change of status? Has that been filed? Change of Status request is considered abandoned if you leave country. Also, I feel it is best you should complete travel and then work on your F-1. You absolutely do not want to get stuck abroad although the case for approval is quite strong. Yes, your H-4 status converts once your F-1 is approved, stamped etc but nothing happens if F-1 is denied for some reason. H-4 continues as is in that event.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA.

Comment

Any Update

Originally posted by ss282014 View Post
      I had my H4 visa stamped in Feb 2014 which is valid till March 2016(Prior to this I was working on L1B visa and have now resigned from my job).
      I have been now admitted into a reputed university for MBA program which would start in August 2014. Due to a family function I have to go back to my home country in July 2014 and I plan to use this visit to get my F1- visa stamped as university has now provided me the I-20 and SEVIS number. Do you see any issues in my case for F1 visa stamp here. Also if F1 visa is denied, will my H4 be also cancelled without prejudice

Any update on your situation ? my wife in similar boat ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X