Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 travelling with Old Visa - Need your help

Hello experts need your suggestions
    My wife and kinds H4 visa got stamped few days ago with current company. Recently (few days ago) my H1B transfer also completed to new company but I am still waiting for approved petition copy so that I can send it to my wife for travelling back to USA. Probably it will take 2 to 3 weeks to join in new company. I have few questions

(1) How long usually it takes for receiving I-797 approved copy from USCIS?
    (2) Can my wife travel without having approved new petition copy (she can show old i-979)?

Your response on this is highly appreciated

Originally posted by chandra_123 View Post
    Hello experts need your suggestions
    My wife and kinds H4 visa got stamped few days ago with current company. Recently (few days ago) my H1B transfer also completed to new company but I am still waiting for approved petition copy so that I can send it to my wife for travelling back to USA. Probably it will take 2 to 3 weeks to join in new company. I have few questions

(1) How long usually it takes for receiving I-797 approved copy from USCIS?
    (2) Can my wife travel without having approved new petition copy (she can show old i-979)?

Your response on this is highly appreciated
    Your dependents should show the petition of the employer you would be working for at the time of their entry. So its better that they travel after the newer employer petition is approved if you already started working for them.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghavi

I H1b transfer got approved few days ago but still working thru old company, because new company said they can take me into that company payroll after they receive I-797 approvals notice origional document. But I am not sure how long it will take for receiving documents from USCIS. Can my family travel to US with current company and current i-797 (though H1b be transfered to new company which I do not have those documents yet)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X