Wanting to move to U.S. badly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to move to U.S. badly.

Sorry if I posted this question in the wrong section.

So I have few questions & I don't know who to turn to about this.
    I'm 21 years old currently living in United Kingdom.
    I've wanted to move to USA since a little kid basically since I could remember myself. Can anyone please explain what exactly do I need to do to be able to emigrate to United States and be able to work there legally. I'm not one of these people who wants to move to the States cause of T.V. influence ,I am actually very interested in the U.S. from its history to its culture and well it is my dream one day to be able to call myself American.
    Soon I will be doing a lifeguard course and I am wondering if the British qualification be valid in the States.
    I have two passports British passport and a Latvian passport. From doing some research on U.S. I see its harder to emigrate to U.S. with a British passport so I guess its a advantage that I have Latvian passport.

Thank you.

To meet U.S. immigration requirements, you must have a "legal basis" to come to the U.S. for either employment or legal residency.

Employment-based visas, marriage to a U.S. citizen, or being petitioned by a relative are the most commonly-used bases.

Other ways of obtaining status (though not necessarily permanent) might be asylum, refugee (political,not economic), extraordinary talent or skill (but must then establish special visa eligibility.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Edgar View Post
    Sorry if I posted this question in the wrong section.

So I have few questions & I don't know who to turn to about this.
    I'm 21 years old currently living in United Kingdom.
    I've wanted to move to USA since a little kid basically since I could remember myself. Can anyone please explain what exactly do I need to do to be able to emigrate to United States and be able to work there legally. I'm not one of these people who wants to move to the States cause of T.V. influence ,I am actually very interested in the U.S. from its history to its culture and well it is my dream one day to be able to call myself American.
    Soon I will be doing a lifeguard course and I am wondering if the British qualification be valid in the States.
    I have two passports British passport and a Latvian passport. From doing some research on U.S. I see its harder to emigrate to U.S. with a British passport so I guess its a advantage that I have Latvian passport.

Thank you.

Comment

USA is the best. So it is very shocking to know that you are moving to USA. Anyway best of luck to you.

Comment

Opinion

Your motherland is always best for you. You must love your land. Patriotism is a concern to get a green card I guess.

Comment

Allowing my writ petitions, Delhi High Court passed an order thereby setting aside the orders of passport authority putting the passport of the petition under PAC category for five years for applying political asylum in a foreign country. This judgment would bring relief to thousand of applicants especially from Punjab who cannot apply for passport for 5 years as they had applied for political asylum in a foreign country. rule of law prevails.

Rajiv Gupta
          Advocate
          New Delhi
          +91 9811284735

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X