Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT to L1 visa

Hello

My OPT expires on September 30, 2014. If my h1-b petition is not selected in this fiscal year, can I apply for L1 or L2 visa ?

Thanks
    SK

Originally posted by sheshank.kodam View Post
    Hello

My OPT expires on September 30, 2014. If my h1-b petition is not selected in this fiscal year, can I apply for L1 or L2 visa ?

Thanks
    SK
    If you qualify for L1, then yes you can apply. One of the basic criteria is that you should have been working for a non US branch of your employer outside US, for at least 1 Year in last 3 Years.

If your spouse has L1 then yes, you can potentially apply L2 too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

OPT to L1 visa

I was hired in USA and didn't work in any of our employers non-USA branch.

After my bachelors, I came to USA to pursue masters and have been working for my employer since my masters graduation.

So apart from H1 visa, am I eligible for any other work visas in USA ?

Thanks
      SK

Comment

One needs to have worked abroad not in US in order to be eligible for L1.

I believe there is something called an OPT extension but dont know much details about it. You should read about that possibility, just in case your H1 doesnt come through?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

As per my knowledge, OPT extension is only for courses that comes under STEM (Science Technology Engineering Maths) category. You have to ask your college ISSO dept for more info.

I heard about the other option that people do take admission in university again and do work on CPT till time to file H1 again (in case of rejection). I am not sure how safe it is..!!

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks all for the information. My H1B petition has been picked. ufff a big relief.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X