Getting fired from job on H1B status...Plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting fired from job on H1B status...Plz help

I am on H1B status and i am getting fired from my current job. The employer is giving me 5 weeks of time to find a new job (Payroll will run for five weeks). Now at the end of five weeks i should have H1 transfer process completed or even if there is petition filed for H1B transfer its fine (even though the H1B transfer is not completed and five weeks have ended)?? Will i be in legal valid status if H1B transfer petition is filed and 5 weeks are over?

Hello, Amkara.

Sorry to learn about your visa. If you can successfully file the H1B transfer petition within this 5 week period, you should be fine. The visa need not get transferred, though that would be ideal, as in your circumstance the best that can be done is filing the transfer petition and getting a receipt of acknowledgement from USCIS.

Of course, the new employer will also have to run the payroll, the usual requirement for H1B status. Try finding some Indian consultancy, and they will be able to provide some solution.

Wishing you luck.

Personal opinion.

Cheers,

Originally posted by amkara View Post
    I am on H1B status and i am getting fired from my current job. The employer is giving me 5 weeks of time to find a new job (Payroll will run for five weeks). Now at the end of five weeks i should have H1 transfer process completed or even if there is petition filed for H1B transfer its fine (even though the H1B transfer is not completed and five weeks have ended)?? Will i be in legal valid status if H1B transfer petition is filed and 5 weeks are over?
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X