Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization but have other resident stamp

Hi there, bit of background;

My wife, Mexican National has been living in the states since she was 2ish - has had a greencard for well over 5 years, so is going to apply for citizenship. I am a foreign national, and she is petitioning a visa for me to come over and be with her in the US - so getting her citizenship will speed this up significantly.

She meets all the residency requirements, both continuous and physical presence - the max amount of time she was out of the US was recently for 3.5 months to visit me in Ireland - however during this stay, we were advised that she may as well get Irish residency stamps, as it means she is not bound by a tourist visa, can come and go as she pleases and stay as long as she wants.

She has always remained resident in the US - as she was just vaccationing with me in Ireland.

Will this be a problem at the N-400 interview, if they see a stamp in her passport from Ireland - I can upload a picture of the stamp, but its vary basic and just says something like spouse of Irish national.

She has an FL driving license, is enrolled in college which starts in June, all her family and friends are in the states, its just this residence stamp is stressing me, she is by no means a resident of Ireland, we just got it purely for ease of travel.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks,

Tim

I applied for naturalization with a stamped Canadian immigrant visa in the passport overlapping the dates of US permanent residence. They didn't check the inside passport pages during the interview, and you're not required to submit them with the application. So I think you'll be fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X