Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humanitarian issue!! :/

Hi all,
    ok so let me start by saying that i just got an american citizenship a week ago by marriage, my parents have ATTENDED my wedding three years ago now.
    i'm originally from Syria "there's a civil war going on there", my parents and little brother have lost our house and been refugees since mid last year in another city within same country "my dad has a U.N papers to prove that".
    my question to the experts is : how can i help moving them over here since the American embassy in Damascus "The capital" has been locked down? is there any chance for them to get the B2 visas if they get an invitation for another family related wedding? if they get the B2 ones, can i file an asylum case for them here??
    thanks in advance.

B2 requires ties to home country . when they are refugees even if in their own country, B2 is next to impossible.

Comment

Thanks for your reply bud

So what can I do to get them over here??

Comment

if you are a US citizen( US passport) then you can file an I-130 ( immigrant petition ) for your parents. You can bring them to US
        in less than a year with this.
        You can call USCIS and ask them which embassy is handling cases for syria petitions .

Your little bro won't be covered under this petition.

Comment

While petitioning the parents for immigrant visas is recommended, the child is probably a good prospect for a Humanitarian Parole to accompany or join parents. Humanitarian Paroles are approved very sparingly, and usually with assistance and recommendation of an Congressional office.

--Ray B

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          if you are a US citizen( US passport) then you can file an I-130 ( immigrant petition ) for your parents. You can bring them to US
          in less than a year with this.
          You can call USCIS and ask them which embassy is handling cases for syria petitions .

Your little bro won't be covered under this petition.

Comment

Thanks guys you are really helpful .
            So at last, how's the asylum as an option for them to get here "probably better for me as well"? And if so what r the steps?

Comment

Last question!

How about starting a refugees case for them to get ' em here? What r the steps to proceed ?

Comment

when they can come on an immigrant visa that too in a short period of time, why go through the asylum process.

Comment

I know I asked too many questions already

So get them here through immigration visas and then work on a refugee case? I'm worried that I'll be stuck with their expenses "as immigrants" while I just start working :/ how long and how common would that work?

Comment

immigrants means they will get their green cards after they enter. No need for asylum then.

And then they can start working themselves.

Comment

But the point is that with my income I can't support all three of them here. I was told if they were considered refugees they will get some benefits at least a medical one which is the one I care about. So I want to know if there is any chance to get them as refugees. Any thing I should do from my side?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X