L1 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 extension

I have a query about my L2 visa and I94 extension...how can I do that? My husband has 2 years I 94 validity... But our visa will expiry on May 2014...
    Will we get extension ? if yes can it be done in US itself?
    Last edited by member2; 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM.

Originally posted by member2 View Post
    I have a query about my L2 visa and I94 extension...how can I do that? My husband has 2 years I 94 validity... But our visa will expiry on May 2014...
    Will we get extension ? if yes can it be done in US itself?
    Yes it is possible. You can do so using form I539. You do realize that in case you leave US after May 2014, you would need to get new visa stamped in order to return.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes it is possible. You can do so using form I539. You do realize that in case you leave US after May 2014, you would need to get new visa stamped in order to return.

But myself and my son is having visa and I94 till May 2014... should I go to india for I 94 extension or will it be done in US itself...

Comment

But myself and my son is having visa and I94 till May 2014... should I go to india for I 94 extension or will it be done in US itself...
        Visa validity is required only to enter in to US. While in US you need a valid I-94 to stay. As your spouse has a valid I-94 for another 2 Years (till 2016) , you and your kid can request for extension of I-94 for yourself and kid while staying in US to match your spouse's I-94. You dont need to go out of US for that.

But if at all, you travel outside US after May 2014, you would need to go for fresh visa stamping of L2 as then your L2 Visa would have expired.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Visa validity is required only to enter in to US. While in US you need a valid I-94 to stay. As your spouse has a valid I-94 for another 2 Years (till 2016) , you and your kid can request for extension of I-94 for yourself and kid while staying in US to match your spouse's I-94. You dont need to go out of US for that.

But if at all, you travel outside US after May 2014, you would need to go for fresh visa stamping of L2 as then your L2 Visa would have expired.

Will my husband get a L1 extension this year ??As he is processing that from his company??Why is that usually people say that L1 extension is very rare?

Comment

Will my husband get a L1 extension this year ??As he is processing that from his company??Why is that usually people say that L1 extension is very rare?

Earlier you said the L1 I-94 was valid till 2016, extension can only be applied at max 6 Months before I-94 expiry so if for example, the I-94 is expiring May 2016, the earliest extension can be applied is Dec 2015.

As for your question regarding why extension nowadays for L1 are rare - there is no one single point answer to that. Many a times the employer and employee are not able to provide concrete evidence of the specialty skill sets(for L1B) or managerial/executive position(for L1A) hence face rejection. USCIS off late has been pretty strict on L1s.

Comment

L1 visa

My query is about my husband passport will be expiring after 8months from now..so where can he go for the extension..?as he is now in I 94..his visa got expired on May 22nd 2014...
              My son and me might travel to india and I m also in I 94..can I come back from india if my visa is expired?
              waiting for your reply...
              Thanks in Advance

Comment

Your husband's company can apply for his extension within 6 Months of I-94 expiry. First let him get a new passport. Then apply for extension.
                As for you and your kid, both of you would need a new visa stamped in passport in order to be allowed re entry. You would have to attend visa stamping, or you can use the drop box facility after your spouse has got his L1 extension.

The issue I see is that first of all, it might take time for your husband to get a new passport, and then extension is taking a few months unless applied in premium.

I would not suggest you travel outside US with your kid unless your spouse secures the L1 ext first. Otherwise you might get stuck up in India.

Comment

how long will it take to get a new passport if he applies now?does he need to travel to india as his visa is also expired?he is under I94...

Comment

I need information about my husband L1 extension..My husband has applied for L1 extension from the company. If L1 extension be cancelled then will his I 94 will be Valid till whatever the date he has stamping on his passport??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X