Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use my advance parole if my green card is approved but not received yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use my advance parole if my green card is approved but not received yet?

Hello. I just completed my interview for a green card today and was approved. However, I have a planned trip out of the country next week and will not receive my green card before I leave. Am I able to use my AP to leave the country or is it void now that my green card is approved? Is there any other way for me to leave the country? I asked about getting an I-551 stamp but the reviewer said they do not provide them anymore.

You are in a short gray period of approval/nonapproval. Using the Advance Parole could result in an actual bar from entry, or a strong lecture, or a complete unawareness of your pending Green Card status.

My advice is to not risk your status by using the Advance Parole, which may now be considered cancelled.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Brian Kim View Post
    Hello. I just completed my interview for a green card today and was approved. However, I have a planned trip out of the country next week and will not receive my green card before I leave. Am I able to use my AP to leave the country or is it void now that my green card is approved? Is there any other way for me to leave the country? I asked about getting an I-551 stamp but the reviewer said they do not provide them anymore.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X