Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of birth is different among passport and all academic certificates

Hello,
    I am from Bangladesh and recently got immigrant visa. But the date of birth is different in passport and all academic certificates. passport and birth certificate hold the same date of birth. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE DOB IN PASSPORT OR BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND NOT ALSO IN ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES. I have completed B.Sc in Mechanical engineering from a university of Bangladesh. but i had to hide my educational record saying that i am illiterate to match the DOB with the visa application form during making passport. But if i enter with this present situation, may I start my higher education in USA though there will be different DOB in ( visa,passport,green card, birth certificate ) and all academic certificates. please help and advice me. what should I do now. please....

You should use the same DOB which is on your passport, birth certificate and Green Card. Most likely your DOB on academic certificate should not cause any issue.

Comment

if i use the DOB of passport everywhere in USA the my all of my academic certificates will be valueless. I have completed graduation here in Bangladesh but I will have to start from zero in USA. it is more time consuming. That is why I want to validate my all academic certificates in USA. What types of problem I will have to face if I represent my academic certificates now which hold the different DOB than passport. Thank you. Please reply.

Comment

Here is couple of scenario:
        1. If you want to get a job based on your Degree from BD, You have very slim chance of getting a job.
        2. If you want to continue your study, Take the GRE exam and complete your Master's Degree.

I had the same issue (Different dOB on passport and Certificates).
        No one asked any question, But it was 25 years ago. I hope they don't ask any question.

Comment

thank you for your reply. I want to share one thing that I have been shown as illiterate and work as farmer in passport. if I submit these certificate there, then what types of problem I may face? If I take GRE then will I not have to submit previous certificates for the admission on M.Sc program? I do not have any idea. May I get more suggestion from you, please?

Comment

You will be using your green card and local state ID as Identification Proof when you arrive in US.
            These ID's will have same DOB as on your passport. Many people from Indian
            subcontinental has this problem because when to go elementary school if your parents don't provide
            DOB to teachers, teacher randomly fill in you DOB in school record and you get stuck with this
            DOB on your academic record. I DO NOT anticipate any problem with different DOB on certificate's.
            Worse case scenario would be that GRE Testing or University may verify your degree from BD university. If
            your degree is not ****, you have NOTHING to worry about.

Again,
            Your DOB certificate and passport are REAL documents about your DOB.
            Your academic certificates are REAL documents about your Education ONLY.

You have hidden some information(academic) from immigration,
            this does NOT disqualify you from your green card.

My advise is never lie or cheat with IRS or Immigration in the future.

Also post your experience once you are all settled.
            Good Luck with everything.

Originally posted by FARID.BD View Post
            thank you for your reply. I want to share one thing that I have been shown as illiterate and work as farmer in passport. if I submit these certificate there, then what types of problem I may face? If I take GRE then will I not have to submit previous certificates for the admission on M.Sc program? I do not have any idea. May I get more suggestion from you, please?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X