Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will online PhD make me elligible for EB1 Category?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will online PhD make me elligible for EB1 Category?

Hi,

I have a Masters Degree from a highly reputed US University. My employer has filed my GC in EB2 category. However, seeing the long wait time in EB2 category for Indian citizens I was thinking of doing a PhD degree which will make me eligible for EB1 category.

I am looking at a few online PhD options as I am working full-time and I don't want to quit my job. My question to the forum members is that will completing a online PhD Degree make me eligible for EB1 category?

Please help me out.

Thanks.

A PhD degree by itself is not enough for EB1. You need evidence of extraordinary ability as listed in the EB1 criteria: original scholarly publications, major prizes or awards, membership in associations requiring outstanding achievement, and so on. You also need reference letters from accomplished people supporting your EB1 application.

A real PhD is not something that can be done online. A PhD program is intended to train you to do original research in a subject. It's almost impossible to get this training without in-person interaction. Science and engineering PhDs require physical access to laboratory equipment. Archaeology PhDs require on-site fieldwork. Online PhD programs are guaranteed to be scams. You might fool the immigration officer with one, but it's not likely.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X