Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently on L1A and applying transfer from old H1B to H1B

Hi,

Currently am on L1A visa. My visa expires in August 2014. I had H1B petition that was valid from 11 JULY 2005 to 10 JULY 2008. But I used only 12 months on H1B.
    I heard my H1B can be used to reopen the case which comes under non annual cap/quota to transfer from H1B to H1B.

If my H1B gets approved before July 2014 can I still work on L1A till my I-94 expiration date August 2014. can I have option to start work on H1B Just before my L1A expiration date?

Thanks

Originally posted by pvprasadrao1978 View Post
    Hi,

Currently am on L1A visa. My visa expires in August 2014. I had H1B petition that was valid from 11 JULY 2005 to 10 JULY 2008. But I used only 12 months on H1B.
    I heard my H1B can be used to reopen the case which comes under non annual cap/quota to transfer from H1B to H1B.

If my H1B gets approved before July 2014 can I still work on L1A till my I-94 expiration date August 2014. can I have option to start work on H1B Just before my L1A expiration date?

Thanks
    How long have you been in US in L1A status? Would your L1A employer and future H1 employer be the same?

When you say "get H1 approved in July 2014" I am assuming, your employer would file a L1A to H1 Change of Status and request a start date of July 2014, if this is approved, in that case you would be in H1 status from July 2014 and must work with the H1 employer from that date. So no need to worry about the L1A I-94.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X